Your Favourite Christmas Songs

Many of you might be moaning, ‘not already’ but it’s the time of year where I need to pick songs that I’m either going to sing or play to for other people. It’s my volunteer work and I could really use some help finding favourites; ones that touch your hearts.

I’ve got a few favourites I’m currently working on

The Christmas Song
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Silent Night
What Child is This
Oh Holy Night

Do you have a favourite that you like to hear each year.

Sorry to those who really do not wish to even think about it but 15 extra brains with ideas trumps my own.

Thanks
Note: Each year there seems to be new Christmas songs which are really nice and I really appreciate different.

Running away looking for my Santa suit :grinning:

1 Like

No Bratti! Nooooo!
It’s way too early!

2 Likes

My absolute favourite song for Christmas

3 Likes

I’ll come back in December.

2 Likes

Ok! ‘‘Twas what I expected.
Love that wham song Minx.
It’s been logged in onto my list.
Thank you. Plus wham / George Michael songs often have great sax solos too. Bonus.:+1:

2 Likes

To be honest, I’m a major Christmas lover! It’s my absolute favourite time of year!

I love the traditional carols Silent Night, Come all ye faithful, O Christmas Tree, While Shepherds watched their flock…

I could go on!

2 Likes

It is hard to go past this one:

2 Likes

Like Careless whisper :049:

2 Likes

Me too! I actually really like Christmas. The decorating of trees, making cookies & gifts for others and singing Christmas carols. It’s awesome. I can tell how much others love it too. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah!
No! You’d get on great with my other half. His favourite Christmas Carol is ‘Santa Got Run Over By A Reindeer.’:roll_eyes:

1 Like

LOVE IT!!!
Plus the beginning sax :saxophone: solo totally rocks :notes:

2 Likes

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

1 Like

Thank you. That’s a lovely song which I have on my list.

Last night I found Silent Night piano accompaniment in a much nicer key
It’s quite a bit harder to play but much nicer.

1 Like

Whilst at primary school we were taught to sing it in German one year. Now it always sounds better to me in German.

It is like Mozart’s Requiem. I have a copy by The Royal Acadmy of Ancient Music & no other sounds as good.

I am also a fan of while soldiers washed their socks by, all seated round the tub.

2 Likes

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues.

2 Likes

Too right, Minx. :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_twisted: :icon_eek:

1 Like

I love the old classics like Bing Crosby & Frank Sinatra’s “White Christmas” but the first ever record I bought - with my own money too - was Slade’s “Merry Christmas Everybody”.
Was that really in 1973?
:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Tiffany dear. I fully addressed this on my initial first post that this probably isn’t for everyone right now. Therefore there’s really no need to mention it again. It’s clearly & obviously been stated already. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Sleigh ride

1 Like