YouGov shows the Tories retain their lead in the latest poll

Queue the howls of outrage and my tin hat is firmly in place because YouGov’s latest poll taken over the 5th & 6th October shows that despite happenings the Tories are retaining their lead.
Yes I know it’s only a poll etc. etc. but without an election they’re the best indicator, not those that make the most noise.

I’m not surprised, people rarely admit they’re wrong and change their minds! Don’t want to lose face I suppose…….:smiling_imp:

The alternative is ?

2 Likes

The problem is the choice is between dishonest & bumbling Boris or magnolia Kier, who can’t even hold Boris to account when we are this appalling mess.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Faced with bumbling Boris, or that non entity, Max Headroom, its better the devil we already know and do not trust.

That is hardly surprising given the woeful leadership of the Labour party by Starmer and the poor overall performace of his part.
It certainly is not a thumbs up to the Tory party record since Johnson became leader.

• Just playing the devil’s advocate here, certainly not expressing support for any one party *
    It’s too soon yet IMHO to decide who will get my vote when that is still well over two years away although at this early stage I must agree that it’s not looking good for the Tories despite what polls like this one might suggest.

And yet the obvious alternative is the Reform party and surely if the electorate were as disenchanted as some people are suggesting their popularity would be rising?
But it isn’t.
Some in this very forum have already expressed their desire to vote for these in the next GE.
Does nobody remember UKIP’s rise in popularity earlier this century when the British electorate 163 seats in local elections and then went on to produce 24 MEP’s in the 2014 European Parliament elections?
Yes they might not have done well in the GE but they still got a substantial share of the vote, but on the issues that mattered to the electorate they did well.

So there is another option in the Reform party & yet their vote share isn’t increasing at all, which suggests that either the disgruntled who voice their displeasure in here & elsewhere are in a minority or that the alternatives like Reform just aren’t providing the electorate with an appealing alternative to what we’ve got.

As it happens I absolutely agree.
But here’s the thing: if … IF there is going to be a serious alternative that is worth voting for, isn’t it about time that somebody started promoting that alternative now?

I quite like Boris,…

Runs for the hills :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a brave thing to say in here, would you like me to save you some space behind the sofa?

:laughing:

1 Like

I not only remember it, I gave them my one-off support with my X to force PM Cameron’s hand to offer a EU referendum, and it worked :+1::grin::fist:

2 Likes

Boris would be much better if he didn’t have that parrot on his shoulder!

Yes have to agree with that…I wonder what the gold wallpaper looks like…we never heard how that turned out :slight_smile:

She’s probably planning on having a diamond encrusted carpet fitted now!

1 Like

He spent more on the refurb that a lot of folks pay for a house.

Theres a lot of sabre ratting at the moment re energy prices (according to press reports) from Putin, what political party could affect this , including the present bunch.

Certainly not the Tories as they get far to much money from Russian gangsters friends. I suspect the Labour party does also.

Better red than dead.

@Zaphod , Your last paragraph says it all, l have expressed
this view on the forum a couple of times already !!
I f the reform party is serious they should be raising their
profile drastically !!
Why aren’t they ??
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

The only reason I can think of is because they have no better solutions.
If they or anybody else really thought that they could do better we would have seen by now surely, because it’s not as if the opportunities aren’t there to oppose the government.

@Zaphod , l don’t think we need " solutions" so much as a
completely different approach, with a different approach a
solution will arise imo ??
Our dealings with Brexit have been focussed on “conciliation”!
Not regaining our rights !!
About time for a change !!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1: