You wake up suddenly, what would be the scariest sound to hear?

The banging of closet sliding doors in the middle of the night!!!

Here’s the true story of what I’ve experienced…

Wow, what an experience for your girl to go through. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Aw! @Bretrick this took place in the 1980s, I didn’t have kids back then. I was the girl who went through that :slightly_smiling_face::joy:

1 Like

Oh, I was a little confused, silly me, a brain fade. :rofl:

1 Like

No worries @Bretrick! :grin:

1 Like

Bretrick

OldBloke

1d

Bretrick asked…
“Have you thought about wire at all possible entry points?”

Hi Bretrick, reading this again I suspect you’ve misundertood. I could have been clearer.
Our houses are “hi-set” houses. i.e. They have a full concrete base at ground level.
A wall surrounds that base completely and then the actual house enclosed part sits on concrete reinforced pylons.
There is roughly a half metre gap from the top of the wall to the undersisde of the floor of the house itself.

These possums climb up and thunder along the top edge of the wall in that half metre gap before getting in under the house where they make a mess & often do damage.

When I said surrounded I was meaning that entire gap needed the wire mesh to block these stubborn pests.

1 Like

Well explained there. I can picture it now.
Why have you not “wired” the gap in your house. Or am I getting your explanation wrong again?

The sound of my girlfriend’s husband’s key being pushed into the front door lock! That would do it, for me…cardiac ward, here I come!

1 Like

The sound of an air raid siren for sure. I was born in 1940 in an air raid shelter. Over the next 4/5 years of living in south London I grew to fear that sound. My fear these days is that we all may have to hear then once more…but just the once!

1 Like

It must have been a chilling thing to hear
I have never heard one and I am quite sure I will never hear one.
Apparently they a being heard everyday across Ukraine

You scoundrel. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Get yourself home and do penance.

1 Like

Yes ! Bretrick, I had replied at length explaining a number of reasons why a lot more than wire in gap is needed here. Included tree removal, stopping these vermin coming in over the roof, removal of 240v power line & telecommunications lines which they walk along to this house & even cross the road to other houses & more. :frowning:

Just as I went to send my reply the “bleeping” Intenet went down so I lost the lot.

Prolly one of these b****y possum vermin chewing on a cable ?? Censorship by possum?? :frowning:

AND I had offered in that reply to post you some parcels containing “ingredients” for a meaty “stew” with a distinct bushy flavour. Interested? Just a warning - be quick to collect the patcels and don’t leave them out in the sun - OK ?

1 Like

Footsteps getting louder and louder then the door handle slowly turns :scream: that would worry me .

1 Like

Very gothic Ripple

2 Likes

That would worry me as well, considering I live alone. :worried:

1 Like

Or so you thought!

These days it would probably be an Amazon delivery.

I rushed home and said 25 Male Hairies!

1 Like

We never truly know do we? Are there entities among us?
I participated in a seance decades ago which showed me we are not all there is in this world.

1 Like

A lot of the people I’ve met, in this world, are not all there, either! :slight_smile:

3 Likes