You wake up suddenly, what would be the scariest sound to hear?

When I was camping once I was awakened by this incredibly loud, guttural grunting. Really spine chilling noise. The only thing I could put it down to was Kangaroos mating.

2 Likes

The first time I heard one of these was quite a shock. :grinning:

1 Like

A blood curdling scream

1 Like

Waking up hearing that would frighten the begeezas out of me.

Would you go and investigate?

“ER indoors” snoring of course

1 Like

No…,.

1 Like

My alarm clock on a Monday morning…when I was working, that is.

3 Likes

3 loud knocks, the death knocks :scream:

Laughter coming from your wardrobe when you know you’re alone in the house :scream::scream:

A knife being sharpened :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

A stranger’s voice in a private place.

1 Like

None of those sound very good. Pull the blankets over the head, maybe they will go away.

Too scary. Not knowing who is lurking about.

2 Likes

Blimey Maree!
Thank goodness I’ve read your post just now when I’ve got up, I’ll try and put it out of my mind before bedtime!

Perhaps you should turn your hand to writing horror stories… maybe you already have :scream: :cold_sweat: :ghost:

2 Likes

I’ll never forget the sound of the tornado that wrecked my house, so my reply would be the sound of an approaching tornado. Once heard, never forgotten!

2 Likes

I had a hell of a night fright years ago when in the winter I had a habit of going to bed with an audio book. The one this night was a horror story about an old creepy house, in those days my 2 Old English Sheepdogs slept together in the kitchen, anyway I couldn’t have closed the kitchen door properly that night and the girls found it was open, the pair slunk out and thought they’d sneak into the bedroom quietly BUT, the bedroom door slowly swung open as it was gently pushed and I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I almost passed out with fright untill a big wooly head peeked around it. :astonished: :flushed:
I made damn sure the kitchen door was closed properly at night after that I can tell you.

6 Likes

That would be super scary indeed. :scream:

Raging fire.

You can tell I’m a Stephen King fan, can’t you?

:man_zombie::man_zombie::man_zombie::man_zombie:

3 Likes

Oh yes! :+1:

1 Like

I could not sleep while listening to that. Amazing that you could sleep listening to horror stories.

I have had one person tell me that horror shows calm them but mostly people say they’re up all night after hearing a horror story. :grimacing:

1 Like

We are plagued here by these incredibly stubborn, destructive creatures. ( ref the screeching Possums in earlier posts )
I live in a hi-set house & I can seriously actually see my computer monitor shake as well as lightly feel it as these pests climb along the wall edge that divides underneath from upstairs.

My neighbours too curse these destructive pests & the damage they do.

One has surrounded his entire house with a wire netting in an attempt to stop them.

Others have eventually taken more serious measures out of endless frustration to eradicate these vermin.

The other noise that I’ll never forget was awakening from my sleep to find I was the victim of a home invasion. Even at my neighbours house afterwards my body was still shaking more than 30 minutes later.

Discussion with others following that event brought out some very strong thoughts & suggestions from people of various ages who I’d normally previously considered to be quite gentle folk.

They were all totally supportive of me but had VERY strong feelings about the invading perpetrators.

And most were FAR from impressed with the almost complete lack of support they too had either heard of or encountered from their local police.

Long gone are the days where you can rely on them for help, so it was not surprising that some peoples’ suggestions as to how to respond in future were initially almost stunning.

As mentioned they were numerous & from a diversity of ages and both male and female.

It’s a memory that never goes away. :frowning:

2 Likes