Yorkshire Shepherdess and husband split up

Sad to read that they have announced their split today. They say they are going to live separately but work together and continue to raise their kids together.

Has she put him out to pasture?

2 Likes

Getting a bit long in the tooth .

Am I the only one who’ve never heard of them? :thinking:

1 Like

No. I’m wondering if they’re some unknown celebrities or other?

I think I know who they are, bit like the good life, only they could not hack it, such a shame but that’s the way it is, autonomous folks trying to pair off. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well they lived 20 years together and had nine children on their beautiful Yorkshire farm so it couldn’t have been all bad.

Its not where you start, its where you finish.

She became quite famous for something or other - has nine children - was all over the TV and available as ‘guest speaker’ for people like the WI - but - heard she suffered a bad attack of ego and charged so much for her guest appearances that people stopped inviting her. - most of these things are for charity after all.

Its hard, fighting the Ego.

1 Like

Nine children! Not a great help to world population then.

1 Like

Aha. Thanks for that. :+1:

9 kids ey. You’d think they’d be too tired after a day’s farming. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’ll be watching all those sheep frolicking. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe another Ram was involved. :icon_wink:

Our village churchy people asked her to come and give a talk - she wanted a huge fee, a car to bring her and a ‘proper sit down lunch, no sandwiches’ !! They invited an ex prison governor instead - lovely person with a wicked sence of humour - and she didn’t charge a regular fee - just asked for a small contribution toward her petrol costs - was happy to come and she gave a fascinating talk.

1 Like

sometime the weight of it all switches to the head and one gets a big hangover and large tips reqd? - however among good authors and shepherdesses I hear the going price is high these days - especially with 9 kids and future alimony costs?

1 Like

Ah yes I’ve watched in the past and they seem a lovely family and appeared happy which I think they were . Sadly all changed and I guess its her thats changed , think he is 12 years older and she thinks the grass is greener now . Money and fame. Shame for the kids . I hope it works they stay friends but sadly it isn’t always the case especially if another man is involved which I’m thinking is the case .

End of an era

As my older sister commented on FB, well, we had an idea, didn’t we? It was rumoured months ago they were heading for this, now we have it confirmed. Seems a shame we won’t see the children now on the tv shows, but I do still see Amanda’s Twitter posts. I feel sorry for Clive. Don’t think he wanted any of the tv intrusion and the fame that went with it.

2 Likes

I was about to say the same thing Jazzi, about how it was heading that way for months now. I never liked her, but he seems like a lovely quiet guy. Poor man. She’ll regret her quest for fame I think.

I think she just outgrew her situation. It seemed like a good idea 20 years ago, but it turned out to be so good that the simple life, peace and tranquility of the dales (which is what attracted her in the first place) got overshadowed by the fame and fortune.

2 Likes