Yes, Spring is on its way!

Despite the cold and snowy weather this week, signs of Spring are in the air!

In my garden today my first crocus is in flower and a bud on my camellia is almost there.

Have you any promising signs in your garden yet … if so please post them here as I would love to see them! :smiley:

https://i.postimg.cc/nh6CnWqf/crocul-21.jpg

1 Like

I have had a couple of pale purple crocus out for about a week now along with the snowdrops. The daphne tree has had buds with a little of the purple flowers showing since the beginning of the new year, but the have not opened up yet.

They’re a sight for sore eyes! It has felt very springlike here in Devon for the past few days - bitterly cold, but the sun has been shining in a blue sky. Gives me such a feeling of hope. Less than 7 weeks now till the clocks go forward :041:

And you know what? Just as I was typing the word ‘hope’ in my last post, I got a text through from my GP surgery inviting me to ring and book my Covid appointment! How funny is that? This Thursday at 10.00. Yay, bring it on!!!

:041::041::041: Things are looker brighter folks! :023:

Not much sign of spring up here. Our garden is covered by a thick blanket of snow.

Well it’s meant to be summer here but it’s cold and wet. The blooms looks spectacular Mags!

You just made my day, i can’t wait for spring and to see those pics it means its on its way yaaaaaaaaaay. Ta mags

Aren’t they lovely Mags :slight_smile: I am just wondering about moving my tubs of primroses now it is snowing heavily.

Lovely Mags, my Camellias aren’t even part way out yet, though there are lots of buds.

Oh these photos are pretty! I haven’t seen anything like Spring yet, although there are daffodil shoots coming up round the corner from me, which is hopeful!

Tiff :slight_smile: looking at the buds on my camellias, we should have the best year ever … although I have been a bit concerned that the buds may drop in this spell of freezing weather.

I hope they are OK, if others are still in bud they should be OK.

Daffodils are as usual showing themselves. They are clustered around the fence posts and are about 15cms high, with buds just about showing. This happens every year without fail no matter what the weather or how cold it is. It definitely is a good sign that spring is on the way, however, for the exact number of days (39 days to go now) I use this:

Seeing that countdown on a cold, wet or snowy day does lift the spirits and the belief that spring really is on the way! :wink: :-):slight_smile:

Mags. Where are you? I’m in southend and I never see my camellia until March. I do have a lot of daffs and crocuses and Helebores.

Those colours are lovely Mags. Just Tete-a-tete coming up in my garden at the moment but still in the green.

Petra, I’m in Bristol… :slight_smile:

Thank you Minx… :slight_smile:

Mags, we have snowdrops in the field, next to me, plus my neighbour has camellia bushes/trees in his garden ,that are coming into bloom, I will take a pic when it stops snowing here.:slight_smile:

Lovely pictures Mags, gives us something to plan towards and enjoy.

My Snowdrops are all out and have been for a week or more now.

Camellias don’t all flower at the same time though. I have a very pretty pink & white one which is for my old ‘Pips’ doggy I lost in 2016, and it is an early one so had big buds that started splitting a couple of weeks ago. I have thrown a fleece over it else I fear the buds will get frosted and drop off.

I have another two, beautiful bright red ones that probably won’t open till as late as April.

I’ve bought my seed packets ready to start sowing one or two early crops shortly, and have all my spring bedding plugs on order.

I saw a perfect phrase which says . . “To plan a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” And that always gives me hope.