Yes, Spring is on its way!

I remember Pips lovely camellia Mups, a beautiful delicate pink…

my crocus are not in bloom yet, but they are showing through the earth, in the spring there’s a couple of oyster catchers have been nesting not far away every year, they can be seen sitting on the school roof, Yesterday one of them was back…sitting on the roof…great to see

pictures like that make you feel better, thanks

Thats right Mags, you have an excellent memory. :slight_smile:

I then bought a new cheerful, bright red one for my beautiful Izzy who I lost last February too. She was such a vibrant girl, always bright and happy, hence that colour for her.
Can’t believe its a whole year ago in a few more days.

I know what you mean Mups, we seem to have lost a whole year of our lives without realising it. :frowning:

I’ve only two crocus in flower. Mainly because the squirrels dug up all the others last year. :frowning:
Some daffodils are in bud and the Ribes bush has started in bud as has one of Camellia bushes.
I must confess, I’ve not really noticed anything else. I don’t seem to feel full of interest to wander around the garden. Whilst it’s lovely and cold and dry at the moment, we’ve had so much rain, it’s been too soggy to go out and look.

I do love narcissus and daffodils at this time of the year :slight_smile:

To me, that means Spring is very close. :lol:

I have just sent off for this beautiful new rose. I decided to treat myself. :slight_smile:

It is a gorgeous delicate apricot colour, perfumed, and repeat flowering. It is a David Austin rose called ‘The Lady Gardener.’
I do hope it does well this year.

Just wanted to add, ‘Izzy’s Camellia’ is now in flower, just perfect for what would have been her birthday in 4 days time.

How lovely Mups, perfect timing for Izzy’s birthday.

Love the apricot rose you have ordered and looking forward to seeing it in bloom later this year. :slight_smile:

Oh that’s so bittersweet, Mups. Just right. :hug:

It’s like a spring day out there today, you should hear the birds, chirping way…

Same here too and the reality of it being a spring day is now less than three weeks’ away too! :slight_smile:

I keep the above link readily available on my desktop so that I can remind myself this awful winter is getting closer to being over! :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Baz…the nights are getting lighter as are the mornings…the older we get, the more I believe, we look forward to the spring.:slight_smile:

Yes, I agree about the lighter evenings and mornings but my views about spring haven’t changed as I’ve become older, I’ve always thought spring the best season of them all.

Winters I dislike as it’s just too cold for me. Summer is the exact opposite being far too hot, with the high humidity that just about finishes me off. That leaves spring being just about right and comfortable enough to enjoy.

What I have noticed with the passing years though is that the seasons have changed, winters are longer, summers shorter and the weather in all seasons is definitely different. Whatever happened to those six- or seven-week school summer holidays, when it was always fine and dry? :confused: :slight_smile:

Aw, that’s nice Mups. A nice reminder of her.

Just got back from a nice walk with Murt, still a lovely afternoon out there. Sunny, not too cold and daffs everywhere.In the garden, the fish are up and the Magnolia is budding.

Spring is here at long last.

:041::041:

A few pics…hard to believe this garden will grow into a jungle…:lol:…it’s amazing how life springs forth and grows…:slight_smile:

It’s a lovely time of the year isn’t it Pauline … :slight_smile: