Would you pay £630 for a steak?

Would you pay £630 for one steak in a restaurant?
How about £315 then for a different and presumaby less-good steak, or £35 for a tuna tartare starter tha one reviewer describes as “unimpressive” and all because it is supposedly THE current place to be seen?
:man_shrugging:

in a nutshell…NO :thinking:

1 Like

I would expect a share in the restaurant for that price!!

1 Like

Flippy neck £630 for a steak? Never in a month of Sundays would I pay that. Nor would I pay more than about £50/head for a meal out and it would have to be a spectacular experience for me to shell out that much…

1 Like

This is making me laugh. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Do you suppose they have any customers & what kind of idiot would go there?

2 Likes

The place apparently gets packed Carol - and it hasn’t even been advertised!
Some people are just plain daft or have more money than sense IMHO.

3 Likes

I have just booked my table for 2, :joy::sweat_smile:…seriously, if people want that experience it’s up to them, if I had millions I would probably try his steak in honesty.or would I,:joy::rofl:

What about those that pay thousands to stay in a hotel for a night, if people have that type of money ,it’s up to them, I don’t think I could justify paying that amount though.

1 Like

Err…no, in a word. That is just ridiculous money! :astonished:

1 Like

I’ll stick to a cheeseburger on the way past McDonalds returning from Travis Perkins, Jewson’s or Wickes. I do not trust any other eatery as McDonalds were the only cooked food outlet to specifically state in writing their food does not contain MSG.

1 Like

No not in a million years. Was never a fan of the “In Place” I like quiet Country Pubs with a good Chef.

1 Like

Apparently the steaks come wrapped in edible gold leaf…the likes of David beckham ect frequent the place , so you see,they do have more money than sense……

1 Like

A businessman on company expenses entertaining a group Japanese who enjoy a little wagyu on the quiet, may feel justified should we be talking a biggy.

Horses for courses, innit?

1 Like

Does it come with a free piece of toast?

I find it obscene TBH.

1 Like

When you see that kind of price in a Restaurant…then you think what you would pay for a meal out…The Big Divide has just got wider…What a haves and have not’s World we have let it become…I do believe sincerely the time for this Planet, with the directions it is taken is pretty short…Nobody seems to see the destruction going on…left right and centre…The rich get more rich and greedy to boot…the poor sit traumatised in reality.

1 Like

It would never match my delicious steak with fried red onions and fresh crushed garlic served up with grilled tomatoes hand made chips , pan fried mushrooms and peti pous.

Probably costs me £7 for the whole meal

Lush

5 Likes

And with gravy and button mushrooms

1 Like

gravy = cream, white wine, herbs de provence & button mushrooms.

2 Likes

I think its immoral…I know that sounds a weird way to describe it but to me that’s what it is…how can anyone justify spending that amount of money on one steak when there is so much poverty in the world…its obscene.

2 Likes

I haven’t really evolved beyond Bisto.

Ingredients - a day off work and tragic male presentation inside the butchers:

‘Hello, one rib eye the size of a door, please and fillet blob for my mousewife indoors.’

then buy some wine containing words Bordeaux or superieur or magnifique

And my Bisto. Go home & cook/possible YouTube disco @10pm.

2 Likes

What you need is a good Pepper Sauce with Steak…put hairs on chest whatever your genre gender… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like