Would you pay £630 for a steak?

Personally a good Scottish whisky sauce would suit every time, but what else would you expect from a Scotsman?
:yum:

I think the answer to why someone thinks they can get away with this is all in media quote 2. “The celebrity influencer.” So this is presumably 99% ego, 1% hope & 0% intelligence. Also look at the images attached to the top 2 media clips.

2 Likes

What gets me is that gold leaf apparently tastes of….nothing!

So that’s a lot of dosh to pay out to have your steak coated in it :open_mouth:

1 Like

As do we. :+1:

Its a con I wouldny pay that if I could afford. I think the story should be the stupid customers who paid that sort of money for a steak. He probably thought how much do you think I can charge for the setak I know £630 where did he get that from Disneyland.

1 Like

Being cynical, though, do you think the people in there eating it and who posted the bill online really paid for it or are they all promoters and vloggers and TikTok and YouTube celebs he gave a cheapie, freebie to?

Because he’s got miles of free publicity for his restaurants from it, you can’t buy that.

I’d never heard of him before and now everyone has, and more people will probably visit his restaurant now for an expensive meal, even if they don’t have the steak

1 Like

For that price I better get the steak, the rest of the cow, the table, the flatware. Hell for that price I’m taking everything home.

3 Likes

Hi

Before Covid and becoming Ill, my hobby was eating at the top 50 Restaurants in the World.

For my 60th, a Lunch in the underwater restaurant in the 7 Star, Burge El Arab.

I have had some fantastic meals, but never paid that sort of money.

London and Paris are to be avoided, the prices are just stupid.

In Dubai, the wives of the Sheik at the next table where fascinated by Jan, being so tall and naturally pale and blond.

They all took selfies with her in the Ladies.

They were amazed to hear that this was a huge save up just to get there and arrive by Taxi for the cheapest lunch they had.

Husband paid for the lot and we got a Limo for the rest of the day.

Great Fun,

1 Like