Would you have challenged this idiot?

Just another aspect of Yobland Britain.

Over the last few decades the people of this country have sunk beyond measure. Not all, of course, but certainly an increasing number who have given up their humanity.

I suppose we might, knowingly or unknowingly, eat the food the fertiliser helps to grow. Would stopping the use of it control what some say is an increasing number of troublesome seagulls?

I think I might have just fought that seagull off and certainly not held onto it. Either that or just let it take the doughnut. Be careful to hide away somewhere the next time I was eating one.

Can you prove that he did what you say? :slight_smile:

Yes, I know all about chickens.

Dear donkeyman, I can’t agree with much of that at all. :slight_smile:

For a start I could not see that bird was alive when slung over the wall.

Secondly, it was not remotely like holding a cat tight at all, as he was not holding the body of the bird, he was squeezing its it’s flippin’ windpipe! I like to to think you wouldn’t be holding a cat like that.

Thirdly, he did not ‘release it’ as you put it. He threw it away.

Fourthly, you do not carry chickens like that to ‘pacify them’ either. Idiots only carry them like that when they want to grab several at once and haven’t got enough hands.

Only those who can’t be bothered, or haven’t got the knowledge to hold chickens correctly do that, and even then they hold them by their legs, not their throat!! Do you honestly think being held upside down by your ankles would pacify you very much? :slight_smile:

We’d best beg to differ on this one, before I squeeze your windpipe - just to hold you tight of course. :lol: :wink:

The guy was a total arse and needing hitting with a bit of 2x4

Would I have challenged him probably yes and thereby got myself abused thumped or in trouble .

Police ? Dont make me laugh .

Yes Mart, they do seem to be a nuisance to a lot of holidaymakers I agree, but that nasty old git should have had the common sense not to stand eating a cake/doughnut when surrounded by hungry Seagulls in the first place.

I must say I’ve always been careful to keep my snacks under cover when at the seaside. When holidaying in Jersey, I was sitting near a fellow who had just bought a prawn sandwich. It must have been one of the better types of sandwich a person could buy. Probably cost a lot.

He put it down and in an instant, a gull swooped down and carried a half of it off. It taught me a lesson about eating where gulls are present in large numbers.

They aren’t really seagulls anymore, just gulls. We only used to see them when it was said that the weather was bad at the coast. We are about 35 miles inland and quite often see them in the garden these days.

The gulls only go where the food is easily obtained!
And they are increasingly found scavenging on our rubbish tips
which are located in the vicinity of towns everywhere ?
Coastal towns also have the added attraction of discarded fishing bait
etc and tourists eating takeaways ? So the onu is on us to make sure
We don’t leave shyte laying around l think ??
I also don’t approve of cruelty but it is not certain that there was
any in this case??

Donkeyman!

Gulls and having them snaffle chips and so on was part of the summer holidays as I remember. So was buying a bag just to feed them - at least it was where we used to go.

Cheer up, JBR , Some of us are ok ?

Donkeyman!

So you are one of those to blame Todgy

onkeyman!

Sure! I LIKE wildlife.

Bloody brill! ‘I can’t abide cruelty to living things’ and then

Theres more ways to kill a cat than kicking it up the arse’
:lol:

The hotel room in Jersey had a flat roof outside of the window. Every morning at about 7.00 a.m., there was a tapping on the window. It was a gull with a leg that had been injured at some time. It tapped with its beak until if got some food.

The hotel staff said that it shouldn’t be encouraged but of course everyone who stayed in that room, including ourselves, would take pity on the poor injured gull and give it some food. It would take it and then slowly limp away.

I reckoned it was all a ploy and the gull was only playing the sympathy card. Once out of sight, it probably trotted around without the limp and had a smirk on its face. :slight_smile:

Yes that’s right, I can remember my Dad buying a bag of feed, so that I could feed them. I suppose the fact that it is now illegal to do so is partly to blame for the problems they cause.

I once saw a Gull take off with a whole carrier bag full of some lad’s lunch. He took it up onto the roof and tucked in. :lol:

What a thoroughly disgusting example of a human being! Why did none of the passers-by stop him instead of just laughing at his cruel treatment of such a beautiful bird - I wish the other gulls had attacked him and given him what he deserved.

Probably because they could see that he was not being cruel ?
But was just trying to get his doughnut out of the seagulls beak ST ?

Donkeyman!

You could be right.
We got them to trust humans by encouraging them to come and feed from us, and then try to throttle them when they do!
Like a bad April fool’s joke on them isn’t it.

But seriously, if you stand there waving food about in amongst a whole flock of those opportunist birds, you are asking for trouble.
Stupid man I say.

There was another incident involving a seagull stealing a bit of chicken or something from the guys mouth!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7376873/seagull-lad-chicken-mouth/

(Sorry LD, minor derailment) and it was filmed and put on social media. Now I wonder if the guy was teasing the gulls so that it could be filmed for social media in order to go viral?..I mean, who the heck films someone eating a KFC? :shock: