Would you give flowers to someone who has a cold?

My friend up the road means well. But yesterday she got some peanut butter for me, on my request, and also some chocolates and a bunch of flowers. Because she’d missed my birthday.

I have left the flowers in a flower bucket in the bathroom as can’t tolerate them right now.

I think that is very thoughtful and caring of your friend to buy you flowers and Chocolates , She is probably hoping they will bring a little joy into your life .,and lift your spirits .

2 Likes

What a considerate friend .

Flowers are visually so up lifting and unless you know someone has hay fever or is seriously allergic to flowers I would give them .

1 Like

What a lovely thing to do. Unless you suffer with Hayfever :grinning:
Can’t tolerate flowers? A very unusual problem.

A very kind and thoughtful friend :grin:

1 Like

Yes a lovely friend I so love flowers in my home . I buy them for myself now and again .

1 Like

I always give flowers. I love flowers, even though I get hay-fever. You will find a vase of flowers in my home every day of every week

1 Like

Regularly !! Cold or not!

3 Likes

When it comes to “Mrs Graham” having a cold, flower giving is compulsory, as is a bar of chocolate.

3 Likes

I think it’s a very strange question to ask ,it’s not hay fever season in which case I wouldn’t give flowers .Why the need to tell us you’d put them in a bucket in the bathroom tho? :thinking:

1 Like

I do hope you feel better soon and you’re truly blessed to have such a wonderful friend. How very thoughtful of your friend. I’m not sure why the flowers are triggering your cold symptoms though and why you’ve put them in your bathroom in a flower bucket.

As for me, I am very allergic and I have severe hay fever but I absolutely adore flowers. I always have fresh flowers in my house. It just brightens my day. I love giving flowers and I adore receiving flowers even though I may have a hay fever attack. There’s always a fast acting antihistamine on hand. I don’t let hay fever stop me from enjoying the outdoors and flowers.

1 Like

My guess is that when you are not feeling well, you are more sensitive to things that make you feel worse, so I hope Jazzi is ok. So any negative feeling can be exaggerated when sick, particularly if you have a fever.

Personally I would feel more unhappy about peanut butter if I had a cold. But then I hate the stuff and it would make me more congested particularly if I had a sore throat. I find it hard to swallow at the best of times. They even say you should avoid milk.

I wasn’t expecting such a negative response to a reasonable question! I am feeling awful at the moment with this virus, and yes, the flowers are staying in the bathroom. Yes of course I appreciate her gift and concern. Just try and understand how it is for me right now.

1 Like

It’s quite difficult to understand Jazzi .
What difference does it make where the flowers are ?

3 Likes

I don’t like the smell of flowers, some I object to more than others, some have a horrid pong.

Jazzi if you don’t want the flowers I’ll have them.:wink:
What a lovely caring friend you have to bring you flowers,

2 Likes

Some people do not like the smell of lilies which can be overpowering. They also have association with funerals for some. Although I love flowers, I have a pet hate of gladioli.

we all march to a different drummer
i too think you have a wonderful friend
and i hope you feel better soon

1 Like

I have a pet hate of Chrysanthemums but I love the smell of the pink Oriental lilies anywhere and everywhere .
The most beautiful smelling and pretty flowers you could buy imo and which are taken into hospitals are Freesias .
The question tho isn’t about a variety it’s would we buy for someone with a cold .
Still puzzling why would I not :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Unfortunately you can no longer take flowers into hospital. I think it’s a shame. I remember the look on my dying dad’s face when I brought him flowers and put them on his bedside table. It gave him hope.

1 Like