Would you enter a dark cave?

A Cave should only be accessed in an emergency, not as a pastime.

1 Like

Your opinionā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Entirely.

1 Like

I think Robert the Bruce and Robert Burns were inspired in or by caves. :grinning:

1 Like

Got to go have a look. Might be someone in need of assistance :slightly_smiling_face:

I might take a brief peep in itā€¦as long as I could see the exit I would be OKā€¦I wouldnt lose sight of that thoughā€¦that would be scary

1 Like

Been in managed ones in Cheddar and Wookey Hole.
Would be a bit wary of going in one otherwise.

1 Like

What about a long disused railway tunnel where the exit was but a small dot of light? Would you venture in?

Spose I might, if I had a flashlight with new batteries!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been near caves when Iā€™m traveling. Then Iā€™d follow a guide or Iā€™d know they were safe since someone is taking you there. If I just stumbled on one while I was ambling about, I wouldnā€™t go in until I researched it first, and maybe not even then.

1 Like

Tham Luang is in recent memory.

1 Like

Where would that countryside be mate? Itā€™s country of origin and location would be my prime concern before deciding.

2 Likes

Your own country. Any caves you have come across?

Any pics of those? (sorry off topic!)

Yes plenty. This is Dunnet Beach.

And this is The Front and Thurso Beach.

1 Like

Thatā€™s breathtaking scenery - I can almost feel the sea breeze. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Your welcome, the whole coast line is riddled with wee coves and bays. Some are easy to get to, others you have no chance. But where ever you go up here the ocean is not far away.

1 Like

I know they are mines rather caves but a similar idea. The deepest are at Western Deep Levels. The workers operate there routinely, not in emergency conditions.

Iā€™d probably peep in an go just in the entrance but no further, caves are tricky and I have fear of getting lost in them and not being able to find my way out

I was totally traumatised as a child by the fate of Injun Joe in Tom Sawyer and the children crawling through the caves in the Weirdstone of Brinsingamen :scream:

Believe it or not thereā€™s a modest cave network in Reigate.

Some years ago I was volunteering as a leader in scouting. There was one particular cave, our well qualified guide got the adults and the young kids to turn off their torches and experience absolute darkness.

It was awfulā€¦ I almost felt a panic attack coming on .
The kids loved it to bits!

1 Like

I loved that film , wish I had the DVD , there should be a rerun of all the old films ,

1 Like