Would you drink Zero Alcohol Beer?

An ad on TV just now.
20% cheaper than full strength beer.

I have had a brand here in the states called O’Doul’s several years ago.
The taste was OK, but if I am going to have a beer or two, I want the full experience. :grin:

3 Likes

I suspect these days I could get drunk on it.

4 Likes

Nope… rather go without, it’s a bit like drinking decaf.

5 Likes

I’m with Chilli. I did try it once, pretty revolting.

I haven’t had beer in months, water instead. But I do have a smallish glass of red wine most nights.

3 Likes

No! No! No!

3 Likes

Oh yes, I would. In fact I drink it every day except for the days on which I have normal beer. It’s delicious if it’s ice-cooled.

1 Like

I would have drank it in the past but I have diabetes so I wouldn’t drink it now due to the carbs. (Or any beer for that matter)
These days it’s vodka only. Lots and lots of vodka.

1 Like

No…!!

1 Like

:flushed: Lots and lots?:flushed:!

1 Like

Yes, I don’t have a good relationship with alcohol, it gets me in a headlock and forces my arm up my back every day.

5 Likes

We’ve been fortunate in a way.We are semi looking after the BH’s parents and they live 20 mins away.There’s no way we can risk being breathalysed so we’ve had to stop all together as neither of us can have just one or two.

3 Likes

No! I don’t drink and hate beer

3 Likes

I’ve never had a beer. Don’t think one without alcohol would appeal to me.

2 Likes

The current zero (well 0.1%) alcohol beers are much better than when first launched decades ago. There is a time and place for AF beer - night out but driving is one. The Heineken AF beer tastes like a pretty decent but light lager. Brewdog’s AF IPA is very drinkable. Alcohol free wine and gin, on the other hand, are terrible.

2 Likes

I’d give it a go……

1 Like

That needed to be said just as it is clear that no two people here base their judgement on the same beer.

2 Likes

It’s an acquired taste, to be honest I’m still struggling after all these years.

This is pretty decent, punk or not.

1 Like

You don’t actually need beer to be zero alcohol to drive. Many decades they introduced low alcohol beer about the same time as they introduced random breathe testing.

I was attending TAFE (gives you an idea of how long ago) and we used to go to a nearby club for a drink at lunch time. I decided to try the new low alcohol beer (Tooheys 2.2 - ie 2.2% alcohol). From memory I think I had three or four schooners when the police came in to demo the new breathalysers.

Naturally I had a go - the result was 0, I told the cop that was impossible but he said that the average male could metabolise the alcohol in the low alcohol beer quicker than they could drink it.

BTW as a comparison - two schooners of normal strength beer, drunk within one hour, takes you over the limit to drive.

I was surprised as I could tell I have been drinking alcohol (definitely not drunk at all though).

BTW Tooheys 2.2 beer was pretty poor and morphed into the better Tooheys Blue but these days there are plenty of nice low alcohol beers if you have to drive.

Personally, if I have to drive, I drink one schooner of full strength beer before switching to the low alcohol stuff

1 Like

Drank it during Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia a couple times. But all it did was make me more angry I couldn’t get the real stuff

1 Like