Would you carpet your walls?

In another thread, some members were talking about carpeted walls. I looked up some pictures just for reference and found some nice ones.

Would you carpet your walls?
  • Yes, it would make some rooms more cozy
  • No, I don’t want to vacuum the walls
  • Maybe, I’ll tell you why in the thread

0 voters

haha that must have been me mentioning it. People give up such ideas when they realise it’s twice as much work to clean up. I quite like the idea of wall panelling. So practical and you never have to paint or wallpaper ever again.

It would be cool if they had Roomba for walls. :laughing: . . Wallba

2 Likes

It would need velcro feet. Or be a hoover drone.

2 Likes

I’m still recovering from my cousin’s carpeted bathroom and he has been dead nearly a decade.

1 Like

I adore this idea…but I was thinking more of this (except not in pink mind you, its a bit much)

carpet walls

I wonder how you would attach it though? Staplegun? Glue? or what about a wall Tapestry…does that count?

2 Likes

Yes!

Glue
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/glue-carpet-wall-29218.html
Staple
https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-hang-carpet-on-a-wall

ooh, pretty! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

I’ve never thought of carpeting a wall but I wouldn’t rule it out.

One major benefit that springs to mind is sound-proofing and reducing “echo”
Now that lots of people have moved from carpet to hardwood flooring or tiles, it could be useful to have something soft on the walls to absorb the sounds. I hate that echoing you hear in a room without carpets or many soft furnishings.

A friend of mine lives in a semi-detached house.
Her neighbours are not particularly noisy and she rarely heard much noise from them over the last 20 years but since the neighbour has refurbished the house last year in a modern “minimalist” style, making the downstairs open plan and laying hardwood flooring throughout, the noise coming through the wall has increased a lot - you can them laughing and parts of conversation - you can even hear them walking across the floor in the living room, hoovering and general living noises sound like they are in the same room as you - even the clatter and clang of saucepans echo from the kitchen at the other side of the house.

I don’t think I could stand living next to that racket.
If I lived there and couldn’t move, I would consider putting some sound insulation on the party walls in my sitting room and 2 of the upstairs bedrooms to reduce the noise - maybe carpet and a layer of sound insulation underneath would be just the ticket.
I’ll suggest it to my friend as an option.

Vacuuming it regularly may be a pain but you can get very light cordless vacuum cleaners now - it could be a great upper body exercise workout!
It would never wear out or get too dirty, like carpet underfoot.

2 Likes

Errrr No.

Not for me I’m afraid, although I can see it’s attractive and luxurious looking and I’d admire in other peoples homes

But I like a minimalist look, not even keen on carpet on the floor, let alone on the walls

I think carpet can harbour things like dirt, germs and insects and it’s hard to keep clean

Imagine if you got bed bugs or cockroaches behind that lot :scream:

And what about condensation? Especially in a bedroom. Would all that moist air being breathed out land on the carpet walls and make them go mouldy?

1 Like

Great idea! Never thought of that. My neighbors are so noisy. I’ll have to give this more thought.

2 Likes

Wow! This is so high maintenance! I wouldn’t be able to sleep thinking about the accumulating dust :grinning: :tired_face:

2 Likes

Oh the questions I have…:joy:

2 Likes

But you would hoover it? Or beat it like they did in the old days with one of those pretzel shaped carpet beaters, with the windows open. It’d be fine…just think of the cosy-ness! :smiley:

Not sure if it would work that well, according to this…

1 Like

Oh, don’t! I’m coughing and spluttering just thinking about it! :sneezing_face: :mask:
:rofl:

2 Likes

A dustcloud haha! Also - What would the neighbours think?! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’m just glad I’m not through the wall of @Maree and listening to her trying to dry off her walls with a hairdryer!

3 Likes

Your neighbors look inside your house? Bad enough that I have to see my nieghbors outside. I don’t want them seeing me inside too. :icon_eek:

1 Like

I was thinking of the banging of walls with the pretzels - neighbours might think Pixie had opened one of those Madam places …!

3 Likes