Would you buy this dresser?

Those shortish chevron cut pieces can look good in the right application, but some ‘manufacturers’ glue together small random pieces together that look cheap & nasty on anything but the smallest piece of furniture. I’ve a largish oak TV stand/cabinet that had a back of small strips. I complained and then complained again. Rather than the on-line supplier collecting the piece, I was fully refunded, so I carefully veneered the rear to very good effect.

1 Like

Have you also noticed how some people have replaced their front doors with dark GREY doors with big vertical stainless steel handles. They look very “industrial” and more in keeping with offices and health centres. My husband says people will look at those in years to come and say “very typical 2019s”. :joy:

1 Like

My pet hate is the horizontal gapped fencing craze - this sort of thing. You can just imagine how shabby it will look in a couple of years when they start falling apart.

1 Like

Can’t see the point of it as you get no privacy.

1 Like

As your chances of successfully stealing it are more or less negligible, I would say your only option is to buy it. :102:

1 Like

What is it with grey paint, grey carpets, grey this, grey that? I can’t think of a more depressing colour yet most home make over shows seem to glory in vast oceans of greyness.

Don’t worry, I’m sure a colour that you do like will come into fashion sooner or later. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yea

fifty shades of grey? :grin:

3 Likes

Did you buy the dresser ?
I’ve a lot of pale grey in my lounge

… ended up with this from IKEA

which we are pleased with; holds a lot without taking up much space.

1 Like

It looks very smart, fits in perfectly with your existing furniture.

Thanks, good price too, and fun to fit together.

1 Like

Its lovely…similar to mine except mine is glass all the way down.

So old fashioned as if back in the1800’s, surely easier to use cardboard plates and disposable plastic cutlery. Think of it no more washing up. :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

I like washing up though… :thinking:

And plastic cutlery, I’m horrified! :joy:

it reminds me of something I saw somewhere years ago, made of tin. A chemists lockable storage cabinet, perhaps.

with vents?

None of that stuff in that cupboard gets used, it just stuff Ms d00d collects and can’t bear to chuck.

1 Like

Top tip from experience of Mrs Dex’s occasional cooking disasters. To deal with burnt pans, put soapy water in them. Put outside to soak for several weeks. Empty water, throw pan away and buy new one.

@realspeed , Uugh, disposable this, disposable that !!
No wonder England has become a dump ? :-1::worried::-1: