Would It Bother You, If A Thread You Started.... Bombed?

I am wondering if it’s this fear of the thread you started bombing that deters you from posting one?

I think the thread l started a few hours ago, has bombed? Well, if it has then… there you go!

Have you ever considered starting a thread? So much happens in our daily life that others can identify with but… are we brave enough to start a thread about it?

So l ask, have you ever considered starting a thread but have got cold feet, in case it is not supported and like my last one…bombs!!

I’m not that fussed. Just because it doesn’t get action staright away, once its up, its up, and later on in the month or year, it’ll get raised again by other members who didn’t see it the first time round :+1:

2 Likes

I once started one ages ago and it bombed… have to be honest and say I was a bit upset more with myself than with others for not replying… I just thought I well I’m obviously not that good at starting them

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t bother me if there was not much interest in a thread I raised - I’ve always been more “niche” than “popular” so it would be par for the course! :wink:
If there was a topic I wanted to raise a debate about and thought other folk may be interested in exploring it, I’d post it - but it rarely happens!

Quite often, if there’s a topic in the current news I’ve been thinking about, I often find someone else has already raised a thread about it - probably because I take ages mulling things over and reading up on all the different angles to most news broadcasts - so I just add my thoughts to an existing thread on the same topic.

1 Like

Summer, Any chance of resurrecting that thread as l will put some of my verbal diahorrea (sp) on it!!

Ill have a look for it later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bothered? Been there, done that so nor really.

1 Like

I don’t really know if it’d bother me … I never start threads. I can’t seem to think of what people would find interesting.

2 Likes

Am sure we’ve all created threads that have bombed. Most of us have also created threads that really should have bombed, but which inexplicably took off.

FWIW I’ve (mostly) enjoyed your threads over the years, apart from the ones that rightfully bombed, obviously.:kissing:

1 Like

Ive not made many new threads on this new Forum, I do think long and hard and then decide against it, mainly cause I think some posters have followings of members , I dont think I have that following and yes I think it would Bomb ,
I was plesantly surprised today when a Thread I started did get a fair few replies .

3 Likes

It wouldnt bother me that much, because I am not competitive minded.
If no one was interested, it can’t be helped. We dont all like the same things after all. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi

There is absolutely no logic as to which threads bomb and which don’t.

I have started some very interesting threads as to how to keep your maggots in tip top condition.

I am surprised no one has responded :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Dont be daft, Eliza.
You make a lot of valued contributions here. :hugs:

2 Likes

@Mups ah thank you , what a nice thing to say .

1 Like

Hi

Eliza, don’t do yourself down, your threads are interesting and very observant.

2 Likes

@swimfeeders I 'm beginning to feel over whelmed , thank you swimmy

1 Like

Swimmy, Did you mention, keeping the maggots under your tongue? Ha!

1 Like

Eliza, l can’t believe you have thought twice about posting a thread.
I think you are one of the most supportive members on this forum and l would definitely bombard a thread you started, with lots of posts.
I can’t guarantee they’d be interesting posts, maybe more of a filler!! :laughing:

2 Likes

On a kinda related topic, have you ever started a thread that has taken off a bit, but which you can’t really be bothered with anymore, but which you feel duty bound to carry on replying out of a sense of politeness to those who have made an effort?

3 Likes

I can’t understand why you would lose interest if you went to all that trouble of starting the thread?

I think it is only polite and friendly to reply to the members who have taken the time and trouble of supporting the thread you started.

1 Like