Would It Bother You, If A Thread You Started.... Bombed?

Yes in a way.

Sometimes if it turns into page after lage but off-topic arguments.

2 Likes

Oh no it doesn’t. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

[quote=“Dextrous63, post:22, topic:92967”]
Oh no it doesn’t. :rofl::rofl:

Twit. :grin:

1 Like

Hi

Spot on Dextrous, a brilliant observation, been wondering how to say it, but you have it in a Nutshell
Especially when it comes to the Brexit Threads.

2 Likes

Nah, just throw it out there. If someone else is interested and joins in brill, but if not, nothing lost :woman_shrugging:

I think just start threads about something that amuses or interests you and see how it goes.

That way you’re guaranteed there’s something you like in the forum, even if you’re in a minority of one😀

And if even one person joins in maybe you’ll find a kindred spirit

2 Likes

For their benefit, I hope not :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I dunno, there’s a lid for every pot, even warped ones!

3 Likes

It doesn’t bother me at all . Threads I start often bomb but others take off .
I just post what catches my interest at the time .

2 Likes

In a word…no!

1 Like

In several words…no not in the slightest :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

Oh Dear, I have got you wrong.

I always thought you were a shrinking violet. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Close but no cigar. She’s violent and needs a shrink :grin::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hi

Absolutely brilliant.

2 Likes

I spend hours racking my brain thinking of something original and interesting to post and always find someone has already done it.

4 Likes

I presume you mean by “bombed” that the thread gets no replies.

Gawd, if I let that worry me I’d need to install a direct connection to Lifeline. One can console oneself with the number of views/visits the thread gets, a stat which is listed with the thread. Just because no one replies doesn’t mean no one is interested.

6 Likes

You should never feel disappointed if a thread doesn’t take off - a huge part really just boils down to luck - the right person or people seeing it at the right time. A thread you post today could get few replies, but the same thread posted a few weeks or months from now could get loads. Sometimes… you’re just ahead of your time :wink:

2 Likes

That is mostly how I feel too. Not everything that interests me - interests everyone else.

2 Likes

I’ve posted some lead balloons, think I care? I know when people are out to get me.

1 Like

I agree with you there. If I have something to say and I can’t see any related topics running, then I’ll start one. Also how far down do most members look in the listings? I’m usually guilty of only looking down as far as the page will run without stalling to add more. By doing this I probably miss other equally interesting topics because I didn’t trawl down far enough :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@long Driver, Yeah, l wonder if the forum page would reach to the moon
and back yet ??? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes