World Rugby - Match discussions

Summing up in Cardiff…England were least worst but Wales could have won a game between two poor sides with a bit more discipline.
We play them again in the Summer.

I think Italy :it: will beat you…

They did last year.
And we lost there once before.Refereegate that was!

RIP
Welsh Rugby.

That’s a Bok excuse…

1 Like

Yeah…it was the famous ‘is there time for a lineout?’
A successful penalty would have meant a draw.
The ref said there was time for a lineout so Wales kicked for touch.Not that it was certain a try would have been scored of course.
Only for the ref to blow up!
Cue much argument.

1 Like

Nigel Owens is reportedly being targeted by the Springboks to be their referee coach as they look to retain their World Cup crown in France later this year.

According to City Press newspaper, the world champions have identified the Welshman as their preferred candidate and have put the proposal to South Africa Rugby’s executive committee.

Refereeing legend Owens, who was the man in the middle for the 2015 World Cup final between New Zealand and Australia at Twickenham, hung up his whistle in 2021 having taken charge of a record 100 international Tests.

Since retiring, he has focused on his farm in west Wales, while also coaching young referees and doing media work.

It remains to be seen whether he might return to the Test arena as a consultant to the Springboks.

One issue is the work Owens does helping to train referees for World Rugby may rule him out of specifically helping the Springboks at the global showpiece in France this autumn.

If Wales Online columnist Nigel is unavailable, the ‘Boks appear likely to look for assistance from within their own country, with no date yet confirmed for an appointment.

When approached by City Press for a comment, Owens is reported by them to have said: “I haven’t heard anything, but it would certainly be an honour

Interesting first half - I think the red cards were extreme.

France is killing it though. By far the better team.

I think SA will be safe in the RWC pool round.

1 Like

Well, that was interesting.
Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 did not make it easy. Kicking for try’s doesn’t always guarantee success.

1 Like

Winners - :trophy:
Ireland - Minx, PSmith, Furry
England - Minx
France - PSmith, Furry

1 Like

Well, the ref did have to be talked into sending off the French guy…although under current rules I think the decision was correct.
But players just have to get the message that any contact with the head will be almost certainly red.
There have been so many sendings off now I do question the intelligence of some of them.
We are long past the days of no subs and concussed and otherwise injured players being stuck out of the way on the wing.
We are very conscious of the effects of repeated head contact these days.
There has to be zero tolerance.

1 Like

I can’t wait!

1 Like

Only five months :grinning:

2 Likes

And my birthday :partying_face: month!

2 Likes

So,which are you?
Your intuition is downright uncanny! You do your best socializing in small groups and prefer intimate relationships even if it means your social circle is on the smaller side. Your creative spirit will bring joy to all you meet.

Or

It’s no wonder your symbol is a lion. Your personality and presence are impressive to all. This may intimidate some, but your inviting spirit will help you easily make friends. Your confidence will be an asset to you throughout your life.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t3:but very protective of my family and fiercely loyal ……

1 Like

Now,now sharing is caring - which star sign are you. Let me have a little stab at it

Being in SA I thought that would have been the one :grinning:

Nope. I’m an oddity.

An original sounds better

1 Like