World Rugby - Match discussions

1 Like

Otherwise engaged :grinning:.
We had three homes at Easter!
Now we are lucky if we play at Easter.

1 Like

In the centre David Burcher of Newport and future Newport coach Steve Fenwick!
Must find the 71 game…Classic!

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Warren Gatland will today name his Wales team to face Ireland in the Six Nations opener, two days earlier than planned.

Wales welcome Andy Farrell’s men, ranked the top side in the world, to the Principality Stadium this Saturday (2.15pm kick-off).

This will be Gatland’s first Wales team selection since returning to the hot seat when Wayne Pivac was sacked in December, and will no doubt make for an intriguing call as he tries to blend the experience of ageing stalwarts with young, rising talent.

Gatland will name his team early this afternoon, before facing the media at a press conference to explain his selection decisions.
Wales online

1 Like

Wales name team to face Ireland in Six Nations opener

Wales senior men’s head coach Warren Gatland has named his team to face Ireland at a sold out Principality Stadium in the opening round of the 2023 Guinness Six Nations on Saturday 4 February (KO 2.15pm live on BBC and S4C).

Joe Hawkins, who won his first senior cap against Australia in the autumn, makes his Six Nations debut at inside centre. He partners Wales’ most-capped men’s international back George North in the midfield.

Dan Biggar, who missed the Autumn Nations Series through injury, returns to the Wales XV at fly half. Full back Leigh Halfpenny is in line to make his first start for Wales since the summer of 2021 having featured as a replacement against Georgia in November.
W.R.U

1 Like

BUCS super rugby
Some Wednesday entertainment…my old Uni!
Didn’t have a womens team in the seventies!
Cardiff Met women v Edinburgh 1445
https://www.youtube.com/live/iCb2alJg9zk?feature=share
Cardiff Met men v Bath 18OO
https://www.youtube.com/live/jp6A1gB8rxw?feature=share

1 Like

:mega: U20s take on Ireland in North Wales!

(📢🏉 U20s announce team for Ireland match 🏉📢) to view online

\ 1x5

U20 head coach Bryon Hayward has named his squad for the opening game against Ireland in Friday’s opening round of the Six Nations in Colwyn Bay. (KO 7pm, BBC Wales, S4C)

The side will be led by Dragons/Newport back row Ryan Woodman who will provide the experience in a pack with will have seven new caps starting.

The backline has three players returning from the U20 Summer Series squad which reached the final against South Africa in Italy – full back Cameron Winnett (Cardiff Rugby), winger Harri Houston (Ospreys) and fly half Dan Edwards.

Ospreys winger Llien Morgan, Dragons/Newport midfielder Harri Ackerman and Bath Rugby centre Louie Hennessey get their first taste of action at U20 level.

1 Like

It’s getting real…

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

In case you’ve forgotten…

I know what I’m doing for the next five weekends! Bring on the Rugby!!

:026:

2 Likes

W.R.U bans Delilah.
Have they only just realized what it is about?

The Welsh Rugby Union has removed the song Delilah from its Principality Stadium choirs’ playlist, it has announced. Sir Tom Jones’ 1968 hit, about a jealous lover stabbing his unfaithful partner, has become a Welsh rugby anthem but will now not be played at the Principality Stadium and not sung by choirs. The Six Nations begins in Cardiff on Saturday.

The announcement comes after a damning week which saw the WRU come in for intense criticism amid allegations of a “toxic” culture and misogyny. Warren Gatland’s Wales side host Ireland and England in Cardiff this year, and travel away to Scotland, Italy and France.

Delilah was recorded by Sir Tom in 1968 and reached No. 2 in the charts before going on to become a Welsh favourite among the rugby-loving public, but its place in modern society has been debated in recent years. One line reads: “I crossed the street to her house and she opened the door; she stood there laughing, I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more.”

I like this version

No doubt radio stations will now ban it!

The W.R.U probably think ‘Green Green Grass of Home’ is about Wales not someone about to be executed!
Anyway in 1999

Chwe Gwlad 2023
Yn dechrau 3 Chwefror
Starts 3 February
S4C yw’r unig le i wylio pob gêm Cymru ym Mhencampwriaeth y Chwe Gwlad Guinness a Chwe Gwlad Dan 20 eleni. Ymunwch â ni am yr holl gyffro!
S4C is the only place to watch every Wales game from the Guinness Six Nations and Under 20s Six Nations this year. Join us for all the action!