Women breast feeding in Sainsbury’s car park

Yes. In that it is a natural thing that needs to be done but in the appropriate place which is not in a cafe.

Totally disagree.

If you made it a big problem I can assure you that it would be you that would be asked to leave the cafe, not the breast-feeding mother who, might I add, has the law on her side.

1 Like

The lady in question was feeding her baby very discreetly, you could hardly tell what was going on, much worse is changing a baby’s nappy on a table in a busy eating area, ( I’ve seen it done) ….

1 Like

Well at risk of getting shot down … whilst I think a woman feeding her baby in her car in a car park is entirely acceptable I wouldn’t be keen on breastfeeding in a cafe. I’d have to leave.

As to changing a nappy on a table in a busy eating area …yuk! What about health and hygiene.

I admit I’m probably biased as I’ve never been the type to go mushy and soppy around babies.
I’ve never thought they’re cute.

1 Like

That is disgusting and unhygienic, and entirely unfair to the next person using that table.

Why not that’s where people eat isn’t it or do you expect the baby to eat in the toilet ?
I expect you have been in a cafe with breast feeding mothers and never even noticed as usually it’s done very discreetly .

in my day the women of the day used to yank em out on the trams that ran through the city - we young lads had revolving heads in those days!

I have to ask…
If people think feeding a baby is offensive , do they still look at ladies when they are bathing topless on the beach?

Maybe some people feel that mother should stay at home , if they have babies to feed… but then the rest of the family will go hungry when mother has been unable to buy food because she had to stay indoors.

For those who object, I would like to remind them that the sole purpose of breasts is to feed your baby. Do you object when calves are fed by their mothers in a field?

1 Like

I am amazed at the disgust felt by people at a perfectly natural occurrence .

4 Likes

It could never happen in a Tesco car park. There are always women sitting in cars with their tits out…
:astonished:

1 Like

A flippant ignorant sexist remark .

I suspect that’s a bad argument to use in favour of breast feeding … as most women bathing topless are likely to draw ‘sexual’ attention, usually from males but not always these days.
Don’t most chaps associate breasts first with admiration of the female form rather than maternal nurturing.

That’s going a bit overboard … you’re making it sound like a backward culture who force menstruating women to stay inside their huts.

The rest of the family will not go hungry because mother has to stay at home … there are fathers to do the shopping/AKA hunting for food, and cars, and online food deliveries in the modern world.

What seems apparent is that ‘some’ women could manage their time and their responsibilities better. Some women seem to prefer to flaunt their motherhood status, either that, or they show a lack of consideration at the ‘when’.
In a car is fine but in a cafe? Or changing a nappy in public?

Another odd comparison.
I might raise my eyebrows if they were gambolling around in the local supermarket in the meat aisle.
As you said, they’re in a field where lambs are nurtured, human equivalent would be their cot or creche.

Here’s a thought … does this mean you find the idea of ice cream made from babies milk appealing or have tried it yourself?

1 Like

Not the best joke you’ve cracked OGF but I admire any chap who sticks his head above the parapet on these kind of threads which can attract stalwart defenders of women.
Even I’m wondering at my own sanity for joining in. :thinking:

2 Likes

I despair, I really do, that some of these misogynistic attitudes to a mother feeding her child are still around

At least the laws on our side now

Nature’s purpose for woman’s breast is to nurture young, and they should have the freedom to do that wherever they want to go and whenever their child is hungry

Anything else is just a degree of oppression and control, Afghanistan style. Blame the woman for needing or wanting to do it and expect her to hide away or she’s not being considerate

( although men’s liking for breasts is supposed to be because they remind them of butt cheeks and therefore the target not so much on view since we started walking upright!)

Like the car park attendant, some of the worst misogynists and women haters I’ve met have been women

2 Likes

There is no need to show the breast at all you just raise your top the baby itself hides the breast .

I breast fed all my children and only got positive reactions from people .

2 Likes

I would have made a big fuss AS I was leaving.

If the lavatory is clean then why not? As for women nursing in restaurants that have used, the restaurants that I use and have used in the past did not attract and would not have attracted such clientele. Another issue is the advisability of taking a nursing baby into a public place especially now with the once rare diseases such as TB, polio, and so many eradicated diseases now appearing thanks to our open borders. Another benefit of our expanding “multicultural” society.

3 Likes

Alternatively you could order your lunch and take it to the Gents if it’s clean why not ?
I thought we were talking about supermarket cafes not Simpsons.
Breast feeding babies get immunity from the mother so they are not likely to catch anything .

3 Likes

And you would have looked a right prat not to mention be thought an old voyeur who stares at womens breasts . Do you only get offended if they have a baby attached ? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes