Women breast feeding in Sainsbury’s car park

A woman feeding her 4 week old baby in her car in SAINSBURY’s CAR PARK was approached by a member of staff - a WOMAN - and asked to stop as it was inappropriate.
Really some people are so anally retentive it’s unbelievable.

3 Likes

In her own car? In the car park? For goodness sake, what is wrong with people :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hi

That is what breasts and female nipples are for.

We would not exist without them.

What is the problem?

It’s probably fair to point out that this wasn’t Sainsbury’s policy, but one errant member of staff, who I sincerely hope has been severely reprimanded. Although Sainsbury is responsible for how their staff members treat their customers, so in that respect they can be held to account.

In fact, if she had a mind to, the breast-feeding mother could report that staff member to the police as it is actually against the law (Equality Act 2010) for any business to ask someone to stop breast-feeding, or ask them to leave the premises or cover up etc. Unless of course, you’re an MP, sitting in the HoP :wink:

1 Like

I never notice what people are doing in their cars in the car park .

At least Sainsbury’s store Manager has now apologised

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/20243425.sainsburys-apologises-mum-told-breastfeeding-inappropriate/?ref=rss

I hope the member of staff who behaved so “inappropriately” is disciplined and given a warning not to repeat such an inappropriate interference and intrusion of privacy when a Mum is breastfeeding her baby.

It sounds like this new Mum already had enough issues on her plate to deal with, without officious busybodies making her life even more fraught - that Staff Member should be told to send the Mum an apology too.

2 Likes

I bet it’s not Sainsbury’s policy and probably someone had complained, otherwise how would the staff member have known what she was doing?

Unless it was the trolley person or car park security, I suppose :woman_shrugging:

So the problem is the way of thinking of whoever reported it or the staff person?

It’s just amazes me that there are people still thinking like that. And the staff member was a woman, too :rage:

And so humiliating and embarrassing for the mum to get called out

I can understand being upset about it, if the woman was feeding her baby in public in full view of everyone, but not in her own car, I think she had sense.

I never understand why people are so uptight about breast feeding anyway . The baby’s head covers the breast and it’s a perfectly natural thing to do .

5 Likes

Over the years I’ve seen a lot of people doing a bloody sight worse than breast feeding in car parks. Come to think about it in my youth I frequently did so myself.

1 Like

This woman could have quite easily used the facilities in Sainsbury’s, but, as is her choice, chose to do it in the comfort and security of her car. The last thing she needed was some ignorant jobsworth giving her a hard time.

4 Likes

We were in a cafe the other day a woman was breastfeeding her baby at the table behind us…what’s the problem…?

2 Likes

You’d think what she does in the privacy of her own car would be private, too.
She was hardly breaking any laws, was she.
Interfering old busy bodies!

1 Like

There would have been a BIG one if I had been in that cafe. Time and place and all that.

1 Like

Supermarkets employ some pretty weird people nowadays. And what was she doing in the carpark anyway! Doesn’t she have any shelves to stack?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah, we’ve all gotta eat…

We’ve all got to defecate but there are some places it’s just inappropriate to do so and in a cafe in front of people eating is one of them.

What I don’t understand is us men as babies get clamped against a womans breast, Try doing that in the teens and older and you get a slapped face.

1 Like

The time is when a baby is hungry the place is where everyone else eats .

1 Like

You compare a baby nursing with defecation ?