Woman attcked by bison

No matter how many time people are warned, or how often they see signs giving warnings, people continue to do as they please. Every year, people who intrude upon a bison’s space are gorged/trampled by bison’s.
In the latest example, a 54 yr old woman approached within a few feet of a mother bison who was nursing her baby. Predictably, the mother bison attacked the woman. Mama bison got one of her horns in the woman’s jeans, ripped them completely off and gored her several times.
The woman was lifted by life flight to a hospital where she is recovering.

1 Like

Ouch! How silly to approach any wild animal with young!

We have the same problem here.

A surfer has suffered severe cuts to her leg in a shark attack at Shelly Beach in Port Macquarie, on the NSW north coast.

The 35-year-old woman was treated by paramedics who were called to the beach just after 9.30am today, NSW Ambulance said.

Not just wild animals, my friends Highland cows were pretty intimidating when they had calves. I used to stand by the fence & sling their hay into the hay rack, no way was I going into the field with them.

Here’s a video clip:

The lady is lucky to be alive … :!:

The Bison would not know this silly woman’s intentions, so did what it’s natural instinct tells it to do, and protected it’s young.
It is hard to believe anyone would mess with an animal of that size and power.
Almost any animal will do exactly the same, right down the scale to birds even.

What makes me really mad though, is when the animal gets the blame for attacking a human, and gets itself shot!

Yea gods
Australia is not the place to go deeper than 6 inches into the sea and even then a sea wasp might get you :frowning:

I wouldn’t have one in my home, no matter how cute and cuddly people think they are, I Daren’t think how big the cat litter tray would have to be.

Wot!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Ye, gods. Cute and cuddly ? A bison ?

I mean a Bison …? For goodness sake, next thing will be one of those pot bellied warthogs!
My dear wife, god bless her, said that I remind her of a warthog, hairy, smelly, fat and always grunting but my tail doesn’t stick up anymore :cool:

Exactly right. Every year, in the U.S., large wild animals are shot by the Natl Park Service, because they attacked some fool who intruded upon their space.

Exactly my thoughts I wouldn’t have one in the house even if it was a rescue bison.:shock:

I doubt it would fit in my house they are as big as a small tank.

Or? Small as a big tank? I bet their fur balls are really huge too.

The only bison suitable for indoors is a wash bison.

Boom! Boom! :lol::lol:

Oh go on Vlad - I know you are an animal lover and this one wants a new home. A pal for Fang - I’m sure they would get on.

Bloody hell! :lol:
Try mounting that on the wall :shock:

You don’t need a litter tray - some bison are house trained. :lol: