Winter Fuel Payment 2021, notifications

We received our 2021 Winter Fuel notification this morning…winter is on it’s way!

What’s a winter fuel notification? is it a pensioner allowance?

2 Likes

Yes, Bruce, pensioners are granted £200 to help pay for our gas/electricity in winter - the way prices have soared we are really going to need it this year!

1 Like

there you go Bruce

we received it the 1st year in 2015 and then it stopped for us as they said we live in a warm Country…

1 Like

Yes @Bruce, it’s paid every year to those who are over 65…

2 Likes

I think the grant is £300 for couples.

Thanks for that ST.

I get a pensioner concession on my rates, water , electricity, car rego, public transport etc but no cash payment (other than my pension of course)

As it happens I have just received my quarterly Sydney Water bill today.

Water Service $12.35 <<<–I really object to standing charges
Wastewater (sewerage) $138.64
Water usage $40.56
Total $191.55
Pensioner concession -$131.58
So I have to pay $59.87 for the quarter. (about £30)

I am happy with that. I wonder if you would be better off if they gave you a concession on your heating bill? rather than a lump sum to pay it. Does it cover your heating costs?

1 Like

@Bruce , But do you get £50 for a turkey Brucy ??
Otherwise you you are much better off than us !!
Donkeyman! :+1::thinking::+1:

:icon_biggrin:

Thanks, but no thanks - wouldn’t touch a french turkey.

It has done other years - but our fuel bills have just had a massive increase so I am not sure. Still - it will help.

It’s a couple of years before I qualify but it wouldn’t cover my heating bills and I don’t think it’s meant to, just a bit extra so you can afford to turn up the heat in the winter months

I don’t really believe in these Universal benefits that everyone gets, however rich or poor they are

Why not?

I wouldn’t touch a French turkey, anything French in fact.

If they abuse their turkeys like they do their geese, they should be boycotted.

In any event, Le Gronuille are threatening to block English ports and the Chunnel in protest at their reduced fishing “rights”, so no turkeys, bottles of vinegar masquerading as wine, and no Brie (the horror!) :scream:

4 Likes

Gosh already Mags? :107:

(I wish winter would hurry up and get here… bring on the frost and cold. Clean fresh air instead of this still low cloud ‘nothing’. Bah humbug)

1 Like

Only the notification so far Pesta, I expect it will be another of couple weeks before it is paid into our bank accounts. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s why not! I agree with Judd. Besides - who needs them anyway - the world isn’t going to end if there are not enough UK turkeys. Eat something else.

2 Likes

I don’t normally get any notification until December but that’s maybe because my surname is far down the alphabet?

Will you refuse yours then when you do qualify? Some people have done.

Well it is very welcome here, and I won’t be refusing it!

2 Likes