Winter Fuel Payment 2021, notifications

I had forgotten about the winter fuel payment , I don’t usually get mine till mid December.

I don’t remember getting £300 before. Has it gone up?

And I’m not sure about UK produced turkey, conditions are appalling, think I’ll have fish pie.

I had forgotten about the winter fuel payment , I don’t usually get mine till mid December.

Yes, I think mine was in December last year, too.

I think goes by age. I am over 80 and get £200, my wife is younger and gets £100. I got my notification today.

2 Likes

Payments are as follows ………

1 Like

Thanks

I’ll just wait & see what they deposit in my bank account and be grateful.

That’s true, turkey production here doesn’t have a good reputation for being humane. Perhaps it’s better in France than here, who knows? And they’ll refuse to buy ours because of our cruel farming methods

Turkey farming cruelty in the UK

I would never eat Turkey or Goose or Duck from where ever it was produced. Most people that farm these creatures for food only have Money in there sights. The French have a known bad attitude so often with animals, so that is quite horrible.
What is not thought about so much though, is that most farmers of bird stocks in Europe think that still includes the UK … are cruel to their Stock in my view…
…Money is the only key that generally is driven by these people…
Knock the French if it gives you a kick… but you should be knocking them all IMO…

3 Likes

I think you need to watch a video of Foie Gras production.

Filthy stuff - wouldn’t touch it with the proverbial barge pole!

2 Likes

Thanks

I’ll just wait & see what they deposit in my bank account and be grateful.

dOOd, I think you will find they pay it straight to your energy company on your behalf, not to your own bank account.

You could always eat cake.

I wouldn’t eat Turkey whether it was from France, England or its native America - but I’m intrigued as to how Turkeys are linked to the Winter Fuel Allowance?! :thinking:

Maybe when I’m old enough to be eligible for that Allowance, I’ll understand the connection! :rofl:

My eldest sis gets that Allowance but donates it to charity - I expect she donates the Turkey too, cos she’s a veggie as well. :wink:

1 Like

Mine is paid into my bank account.

Mine is paid into my bank account.

I beg your pardon Scot, you are quite right.
It is those who receive Warm Home Discount that it goes straight to the energy company. Sorry.

1 Like

Deleted…as l have just seen Mups’s update on where your heating allowance is paid into.

I am not sure if that is the case, for example my council rates are $1600 a year and I get a pensioner discount of $250 BUT it has been $250 for 20 years. When it was introduced it was half of the council rates now it is a only a small discount on the rates which go up with the CPI each year.

To be honest I had forgotten that I do get an energy supplement in my pension of $14.10 every fortnight ie $366 a year (£188) so not as much as you. and certainly not enough to run air conditioning (not that I have any) but better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

That stuff is not for the likes of you common folk anyway, that is for your leaders like Boris to enjoy while they are holidaying.

So is mine

It has been known, Bruce! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: