Windows 10 icon pop up

I’m going to wait until they have sorted out all the initial bugs in Win10 and there has been enough reviews to convince me that this is worthwhile. In the meantime, I’ll stick to Win 7 because it works.

If it wasn’t for hardware changes over time and security fixes, I’d still be running XP.

We had XP before Windows7, got that when I had to have a new tower. Good advice, Graham, I’ll wait & see too.

Having bought my new laptop only last week (Asus X555LA) with win 8.1 I easily sused it out and was getting to grips with it.i don’t know what all the fuss was about it.
This afternoon I stuck on win 10. OK it’s early days yet but again it seems simple enough. Yes it did take some time to install.
There are a couple of things I want to try that I was having problems with 8.1, just to see if it has been sorted.

I mentioned in my earlier post that there were a couple of things that I wanted to try with win 10.
The first one was on one of my games. Condor is a glider flight sim. On 8.1 the background graphics was blocky, now this did not happen on my older PC with win XP or 7.
On win 10 it is OK.
With 8.1 in mail, when I wanted to open this thread, I could not as the URL link was not highlighted.
Now with 10, all is OK with this.
So that are 2 pros for me so far. But early days yet.

While we’re on the subject, does anyone know why we need so many updates? I lost count of how many times I had to update the ‘flash player’, no sooner have you installed the new one when up pops a notice “Your Flash Player is out of Date” I’m very weak on technology but the whole bloody product must be useless if they have to keep fixing it all the time.
I haven’t got windows but why couldn’t they have made windows 10 first? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they have an ad on TV saying that windows 7 was the ultimate? and why is windows 9 missing? They seem to be contradicting themselves all the time, will there be windows all the way up to 100 or more? and finally the mother of all windows…double glazed windows, wait till you try to get your head around that one.:smiley:

Flash is updated due to changing of browsers, more efficient coding routines, but more usually patch a security flaw. Microsoft (or anyone else) will always advertise their products as ‘ultimate’ - its a tag line used in advertising. Windows 9 is missing because Windows 8 was rubbish and MS wanted to distance itself from 8 as far as possible, hence 10. MS have said that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows they produce and will not have a Windows 11.

That’s why on their tv advert they say the children will grow up with W10. Maybe we ought to keep that advert to show them if they change their minds later on.

Thanks for explaining that Graham.

I’ve just had a notice come up saying Windows 10 is now ready to install, but although I’m tempted I’m also a little frightened. Do I press or don’t I press the button, the world awaits with trepidation…:wink:

I have installed it and I think it’s excellent, no problems at all !

I had a two day try with it and have gone back to 8.1. Hated it with a passion was it even designed for a laptop ? seemed to me again that tablets and phones are their target. Couldn’t get RoboForm to work with it at all.

I’m ignoring it …

https://plus.google.com/+roboform/posts/MM4fZh5NdMD

Ive downloaded it and yes there are a few things Im having to figure out but by and large its much the same as any other windows Ive worked with and Im not having any bother.

My impatience got the better of me so I installed Windows 10 last week. I am completely computer illiterate but it downloaded without any problems. It took about one and a half hours on my 8.1 laptop. I only use my laptop to surf the internet so I don’t see much difference.

You know something I don’t think I can be bothered I have each time windows changed struggled on and changed with them, this time I am sorry I have had enough. They took away the best of all the old windows features over the years and it seems ridiculous they expect us to bend over backwards to use programmes we have been using for years in the old windows formats. Time they thought of the customers first IMO.

But thank you for trying. :wink:

Hey, it is FREE ain’t it?

I watched the program ‘Click’ and they thought it was great as it combined the previous Windows with ‘stuff’ that had been missed such as the start button and so on. They also raved about it being compatible with so many devices which apparently is a major step forward.

I’m still using Vista on all my comps :shock: .

I installed it just after I got my new laptop 3 weeks ago. It works ok and it is just a new learning curve.
BUT… I had a message that there was an update just 2 files. (What already?)
So I allowed it to load.
I now noticed that when I click the mail box… NOTHING HAPPENS. Aaarrrrrg. Good thing I use my iPad for mail and such as the forums.
I am going to try again later as see what else has been bu??erd up.

I did try windows 10 and was so relieved to get back home :smiley:
The only addition to windows 8.1 that I could see was that Cortana window, I had great fun waiting to see how she would interpret my requests, she never found the site I wanted but took me to some incredibly strange places, easier and quicker to use the search bar. :lol: Overall, I did not find it sufficient improvement on Windows 8.1 to bother with it. Back home now and glad to be here. :041:

I am now getting the notification that I can install Windows10, but I’m not going to do it, with my luck it’ll cock everything up for me, so I am staying with Windows7, for now anyway.