Windows 10 icon pop up

Had an icon pop up on my lap top - re Windows 10
Does anyone have this yet …?

1 Like

No sticking with 8.1 unless I have no choice eventually. They seem to be basing it all on mobiles etc now and for us old laptop users it just doesn’t work so well.

Thanks Julie - I won’t go near it …:slight_smile:

I have the same ICON up as of yesterday for windows 10, I have removed the ICON lol so I cant see it, I say if it aint broke then dont mend it.
I dont know if there is any truth in it I dont think so but I was told that eventually we will be made to upgrade !!!

I’ll wait till then :-p

It’s certainly a determined, pesky icon.
I had it pop up yesterday … I couldn’t figure out how to delete it so I hid it.

And the blighter has popped back up again today :shock:

I don’t notice it now - ‘Don’t look Ethel !’ :-p

Ethel has covered her eyes !! :043:

Mmmmm same here, every time I hide it next reboot and its back again, well it wont get me to upgrade by annoying me :confused:

I don’t mind the icon. With it being on the bottom-right of the screen, it balances up the one that’s on the bottom-left in Windows 8.1. Gives things a more symmetrical look. :slight_smile:

Windows 10 is being released on July 29 so you will have to put up with the Icon till then.

Its free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users but for other OS people will have will have to pay $109 for it.

PS

Microsoft will only offer the free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualifying Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs and tablets until July 29th 2015.

After this date, you will have to pay for Windows 10 if you did not take advantage and reserve your free upgrade offer using Get Windows 10.

Wonder what the ‘advantage’ is …

if you want to get rid of the icon go to C:\Windows\System32

find a folder called GWC and rename it “Sneaky Microsoft”

reboot your machine and the icon will be gone

not true! you have one year to upgrade. ie 2016

give windows 10 at least 9 months before you upgrade and if you have windows 7 don’t bother

though thinking about it win 8(.1) is a dog and deserves to be dumped as soon as…

You are right on the upgrade will last for the year but this could be for computers brought after the up grade with the 8.1 system.

But on the face of it think you are right that 7 and 8.1 will have a year to up grade.

Have opted to have windows 10 downloaded as I THINK I don’t have to use it unless I enable it

Is it possible to do that, just download it and only run if you want to ?

Having only just bought a new PC with W8, I spent an afternoon waiting for the upgrade to W8.1, so I’m not wasting any more time with more upgrades.

I need to read my computer magazine to know the benefits of 10.

This is the message I got after registering…

Because you’ve reserved, Windows will automatically take care of the download in advance. Then you’ll get a notification when your upgrade is ready to install. That way you can start using Windows 10 immediately – or schedule a time to install that’s convenient for you. If you have any more questions, check out the upgrade FAQ.

Thank you for posting the info :023: