Will you be seeing the New Year in?

Yes. Cats are far more intelligent than dogs.
I have an amusing comparison of a dog’s thoughts and a cat’s thoughts!
Too long to post on here, though.

2 Likes

Coarse they are m’dear. :grinning:
That’s why there are so many Sniffer Cats, Medical Detection cats, Cadaver finding cats, Guide Cats, Assistance cats, Care Home visiting cats, . . . . . need I go on? :wink:

Sorry Tabs, but I couldn’t resist that. :grinning:

3 Likes

Aye, but they do have Cat scans…

2 Likes

You be quiet young man. I wasn’t talking to you. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m partial to the odd tot of Laphroaig once in a while. Somebody bought my brother a bottle for Xmas, but he doesn’t like the strong smoky peaty taste. I tried to cadge it off him, but no chance. The tight bugger. :smiley:

1 Like

I will probably stay up to watch the Sydney midnight fireworks on TV, I might even watch the pre-fireworks entertainment (Missy Higgins is on). No one does New Year’s Fireworks like Sydney

2 Likes

Yes. I always stay up and see the New Year in.
As I have said before somewhere on here, I have the telly on so that I hear Big Ben chime at midnight. I have always found something magical about that moment, luv it.
I enjoy it more than Christmas Eve.

I used to always have, or give, a kiss at midnight because I thought it was lucky.
No kiss meant a loveless New Year. It used to seem so important. Saddo aint I.

Nowadays, the dogs give me a wet kiss at midnight, and send me off to bed happy. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Surely the tight-fisted bugger will at least offer you a glass of it?

Yuk! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I don’t blame him if he don’t JBR, not when he already got more bottles than a brewery for Christmas pressies! :rofl:

Jealousy will get you nowhere, dear man. . :rofl:

2 Likes

will I be seeing the new year in? Yes through the gaps in my fingers, a bit like I watch a horror movie unfold. After the last two years, who knows what the new year holds.

Anyway I was planning a group meet up outdoors with prosecco and hot food at midnight, watching the suburban (free) fireworks somewhere on a hill, but not yet sure whether that will happen because it just feels difficult to motivate oneself these days.

2 Likes

After so many years of raucous parties, it has since died out round here. Besides, I often wished to be home instead of sloppy drunks with their arms around you, waiting for that fake kiss at midnight.

Last year and this one, I will be at home watching TV, fireworks from Sydney and having a drink, toasting a few of my friends who live far away. And waiting for a few texts to come in or emails wishing a Happy New Year to all.

2 Likes

That is nothing to do with intelligence - that is refusal to comply with human’s wishes/training! Incidentally - cats have been known to detect cancer.

2 Likes

How hard did you try, Mups? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Gives me the horrors - I can’t stand big ben.

Hi

Nope, never have done.

1 Like

Early to bed early to rise … that’s me, new year included. :icon_cool:

1 Like

It’s not New Years Eve yet?

:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

I usually stay up but am up late anyway .
Sooner it’s over the better as far as I’m concerned .

2 Likes