Will you be seeing the New Year in?

I know of the Yorkshire reputation, never fear!

I am relying on my Irish heritage to get me through the spelling of such things, since I have no actual experience of it :joy: The less letters, the better the drink.

Rum. :smiley:

1 Like

The fewer letters. :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t help yerself can you
always with the nit picking, jeez.

There are fewer letters in some choice words I could think of
 :joy:

Take no notice of him Pixie. It’s nothing personal cos the daft old bugger does the same to me as well. :grin:

2 Likes

Not if it is Irish.

1 Like

Quite right too - and, in which case, your spelling is correct!

1 Like

And with me
truth, it’s one of his few flaws.
Don’t let him know I said that. He’s apt to believe it.

1 Like

i’m turning a blind eye, will it really be a new year

I’ve never gone to bed before midnight since I was 16 years old - not on New years Eve!

We will watch one of the new Dvd’s that I had for Christmas & scoff chocolates. At almost midnight we will tune in for Big Ben & have a little toast to the new year. Usually at midnight I get a few Happy New year text messages which I reply to.

Tony will go to bed soon after but I will stay up until around 1.00am sending texts & generally communicating with people

Done all my messaging!

Well, that’s nice, isn’t it? Here I am trying to instruct you wimmin in the art of correct spelling and the use of grammar, and I get abuse for my trouble. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aye, but the topic of conversation is about single malt whiskies, not Irish grain whisk(e)y. I have a litre bottle of Bushmills at my disposal, but it’s no good for special occasions like seeing in the new year.

Slainté

1 Like

If seeing in a New Year isn’t a “special occasion” I don’t know what is :astonished: :joy:

1 Like

Jameson’s do a delicious single malt!

Name?

The New Year may be special, Bushmills isn’t. It’s just a normal drinking whisky, such as Famous Grouse or Grants’.

Not a chance, probably got another half hour in me, got to be walking in the morning. :walking_man:

Right, that’s me away until 2022 - time to get comfy with some snacks, and a few drinks, while I watch John Wick 3.

Have got my Glenmorangie at the ready to toast in the New Year.

See you on the other side. Happy New Year all, and Lang may yer lums reek.

:wave: :wave:

2 Likes

Marge and I are off to bed. We’re happy to see the New Year in from there.

The poor cats are terrified again due to the inevitable fireworks. Thank God it’s only about a dozen times a year!

1 Like

I never saw it in, I was surprised that I never heard fireworks after midnight as they woke me up last year, all I heard was fireworks being let off around 8 pm
watched the display from my window, very pretty, but imo a waste of money, as they only last a few seconds
bah humbug.

1 Like