Will Sunac "Get Brexit Done"?

@Dextrous63 , Thanks for the article Dex, according to that we are presently
in the EU/ UK trade and co-operation agreement stage that still has about
two years to run before negotiations start again for us to take complete
control of administering the running of our designated territory.
If this actually transpires, then l will have no problem with this.
My concern is that due to the long delay before the final negotiations actually
take place then whichever government happens to be in power at that time
will quite likely have different ideas or no ideas at all on this ?
Someone needs to keep this subject alive untill the final negotiations take
place , or we will lose our territory by default the way things are at the moment!
:-1::-1:

2 Likes

Do you mean that when you voted Brexit and despite years of evidence you didn’t realise that our administration doesn’t have the ability to follow through on any promises? Did you think that would change just as a result of the referendum? There is no appetite for tying up loose ends at the best of times. That is just how things work in the UK. We do not have a bureaucratic system. What happens is a blame game and nobody wanting to take ownership of difficult tasks. They wheel out the fishing issue when they want to get voters riled up and emotive to deflect from a more newsworthy item.

@AnnieS , Unfortunately l was absent for forty years Annie !
I missed all the shenanigans going on, all the news l got was that UK was
doing well !!
Then l got back here and saw the reality ! :worried::worried:

Over 40 years we have had good times and bad times, but so have most other countries!
At the moment there are problems with Lobsters & crabs in some British water, but they haven’t yet found the cause.
We need to remember that whatever is causing the change to our weather, most countries will suffer in some form & Brexit won’t be responsible for the problems that occur!

2 Likes

Annie,

I think you’re hitting the nail right on the head.

When we worry that MP promises are not happening, or are going late, or screwing up, we need to remember that there’s a massive army in there, called the Civil service which is intended to get things installed and running.

Dare I say that I’m even finding a bit of sympathy for MPs who are “failing to meet their promises” when, in fact, it’s the CS which should be getting it all done & is failing.

All this talk of public ownership & it’s the ones which the public owns which always get screwed up!

The CS is the front face of Public ownership!

And who is responsible for managing the Civil service & ensuring that it’s fit for purpose?

Twink what problem is that. I haven’t heard that one, but I have heard that we can no longer send shell fish to the EU as before Brexit we used to send them to the EU to be processed, but now the EU are saying our shellfish can’t be sent there unprocessed so the Government have given money to build processing plants so in the long run will be a good thing as gives us more employment. It annoyed the French restaurants though because we have the best lobsters and crabs so wanted to buy them from us.

That’s what I heard on our local news anyway (South West, covering Devon and Cornwall).

I dont think it is a Brexit problem, but I heard on the news this morning that Lobster & crabs are in short supply (can’t remember which part of the UK ) & they say that many of the catch are dead or dying, so trying to find what is causing them to die.

Just found it and it is in Sussex!

1 Like

If you want me to say that the MPs should be doing it, I’d want to agree.

Trouble is, the CS seem to have greater power & control.

@Tedc , Yep !they sh
ould ban all pigeon holes from civil service
establishments !
And cut their benefits if they don’t reach targets? :-1::-1::-1:

Brexit has been done, surely the Thread should be about it being Undone.

Forty years ago, the amount of “Crabs” was always a worry. :grin:

1 Like

You’d have to ask, “Why on earth did you go back?”

Never say never Bruce.

@spitfire , Prove it !!

Sorry, the moment is lost, trust me.

No time for Links then.

@Bruce , “why go back”
Spousel pressure Brucy . :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Of course you could have sent her back to the UK and stayed in Shangri-la. Win-Win situation all round, Assman.

1 Like

Its all about fishing rights for donkeyman. Trouble is that his demands are unrealistic - he wants his hake and also to eat it. (Been chortling over that since I thought of it.)