Will Sunac "Get Brexit Done"?

Simple question ,mwhat are your thoughts ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

My main hope from Rishi Sunak is to stabilise the markets and try to balance the budget and get through the Winter without things getting any worse than they already are!

3 Likes

Probably not in the way you want, Donkeyman, but then what you want is impossible to achieve and always was, even when they promised it to you

He voted Brexit, and credit where credits is due, he was a Brexiter when it wasn’t fashionable, under Cameron, so he believes in Brexit in principle

He believes in deregulation and would like to scrap the remaining EU laws but he’s already being warned against it, so perhaps he’ll back down on that

And he is a big fan of creating Freeport’s. So he is very Brexity.

On the other hand, he’s like further negotiation terms Northern Ireland and he’s linked to several right/wing think tanks.

And he’s connected to the World Economic Forum and definitely a member of the Davos class, which is dominated by the wealthy and company executives keen on global agendas that largely serve their own interests

So he’ll put their interests over any Brexit separation from the EU countries on business matters

My thoughts…

“Oh No! Not another Brexit thread!”

It’s over, you’ve left, it is what it is, live with it.

1 Like

@Bruce Go back to bed ! :worried::worried::worried:

Oh Assman, it’s 9am I’ve been up for hours. The sun is shining too.

Simple question? You almost typed “mwahahaha!”

That was his job before the leadership contest. The tories need to be accountable for the mess they have made.

2 Likes

This is it Donks , not what you were expecting?
And things can only get worse .

I still hope things can only get better now Johnson has slung his hook.

1 Like

I am not sure what you are asking here Donkeyman. :confused:
Isn’t Brexit already done?

Let’s see what he does with the NI protocol (Photocall?).

The NI Protocol is a bit like the Offside Rule does anyone really understand it ?

1 Like

Nobody has mentioned regaining our territorial rights yet ??
I despair of you all !
Sunac has actually said he will go back to the previous manifesto pledges ?
Does anybody remember what they were ?? :thinking::thinking:

I guess it depends on what “Brexit” means. Perhaps we need a thread on that?

Are you thinking of the fishing rights that surround the UK? If you are I think they have already said that would be very difficult to police. With food prices are rising, I think other countries will try to fish our waters whether they are entitled to or not. Honouring rules like that seems to be a thing of the past & if they can’t be caught, we will find it hard to totally prevent!

It has been mentioned it more than once .
Now what were those Brexit benefits again ?

I had a browse through this site:

What do you propose ought to be the case @Donkeyman ?

Possibly the best thing to come out of brexit was the ability to regulate our response to covid and not just queue up with the rest of Europe.
While I’m a fan of independence it also comes with a whole string of inconveniencing. Getting goods from abroad is more expensive, holidaying ( like I do it anyway) is more of a hassle, the pet passport is a lot more paperwork.
I have friends that work for themselves and used to spend winters in Europe for months but they’re limited to 90 days in the schengen zone now .
Maybe globalisation is a good thing it’s getting the balance between being independent and not being the island off Europe right that’s the headache

1 Like

If that is high on your list of priorities, then why wait for someone else to mention it?
You could mention it yourself and provide everyone else with the background information of what the current deal is, that has already been agreed between UK and EU.
Then you could explain what your proposals are for what Sunak should do and could do to change things so that the deal meets with your approval.