Will Smith smacks Chris Rock live at the Oscars

Well said!.. :+1:

:rofl: So is this the new way then?

Really “special” thugs like Will Smith get to choose their own punishment for their violent actions rather than having those in authority decide what’s appropriate?

Can’t wait to see how that works out for ordinary thugs in the courts

Very true, it’s just giving Will Smith the publicity he wanted. Trying to let it go!

Thanks for that info. Strange that I’d never heard of him.

1 Like

Nobody has slagged of Smiths wife…till know.

(60) Here Is Why Jada Pinkett Smith Is the Real Villain - YouTube

3 Likes

Mmm, he made some valid points there

Spot on except maybe the wife’s job part. But the rest I agree with. Every clip of her Red Table show is cringe, highlighting that they think they’ve transcended everyone else in society, so the rules don’t apply to them, like having affairs with other people with no consequence. What they decide with each other is one thing, but they use other people like disposable dolls.

3 Likes

David Rubin, the president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, told the board Wednesday that he’s moving a meeting originally scheduled for April 18 to this Friday at 9am PST.

'Following Mr. Smith’s resignation of his Academy membership on Friday, April 1, suspension or expulsion are no longer a possibility, and the legally prescribed timetable no longer applies.

‘It is in the best interest of all involved for this to be handled in a timely fashion,’ he wrote in a letter.

True … :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hi

It was a cheap, nasty comment at someone with a medical condition which is very distressing.

It was done when her husband was standing there and before an audience of Millions.

He is lucky he just got a slap, in many cases he would require surgery to find his teeth.

Chris Rock is the one who should be banned, not Will Smith.

1 Like

Anybody else other than Will Smith and I would agree with you Swim, but I find Will’s attitude questionable at the least. Whatever happened to “Sticks and Stones?”

For once I agree with you OGF the smiths are not a very likeable couple so it’s difficult to feel any sympathy for them .
Alopicia is distressing and a lot of black woman have it because they stress their hair . Cornrows for example is really bad for your hair and weaves ( extensions ) don’t do it any good either .

2 Likes

It was a joke, and not a particularly cruel one, roasts are what they do at the Oscars. Get over yourself, Will Smith, you’re not all that

Nobody deserved to lose teeth over it :grimacing::facepunch:

Here’s a thing. I was having lunch in a garden centre restaurant and a family on the table opposite started taking the p out of him

He was hurt and humiliated and did I want to slap them, maybe loosen a few teeth? you betcha!

But what would I have got if I did?

Security called, me ejected and banned for life, probably the police called and me nicked and up before the beak

That’s what happens if you get violent in public places, why is Will Smith such a princess he gets treated any different?

2 Likes

Any old how’s, if you’re white, you’re not allowed to have an opinion on it :thinking:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/tv-host-says-white-people-arent-allowed-opinion-on-will-smith-slap-20220405.amp.html

Mmmm, as I’ve never heard of Ms Tiffany Cross up to now, her opinion on whether I’m allowed to have an opinion doesn’t really cut it

Just another one trying to exploit it and get in on the publicity by saying something controversial

1 Like

Excellent. While the likes of Ms Cross still wander the earth espousing their nonsense, we’ll never be rid of racism. Well done her.

2 Likes

In a statement, the Academy said the 94th Oscars had been “overshadowed by the unacceptable and harmful behaviour we saw Mr Smith exhibit on stage”.

The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts and Science, which organises the awards ceremony, met virtually on Friday to discuss disciplinary action.

In its statement, it said banning Smith was aimed at protecting performers and guests and “restoring trust in the Academy”.

The Academy said that at the time of the slap it did not “adequately address the situation in the room” and had been “unprepared for the unprecedented”. It apologised for this.

It also thanked Rock for “maintaining his composure under extraordinary circumstances”.

Probably fair … sanction Smith for his behaviour not his work.

And fair to thank Rock, who could have retaliated.

5 Likes

I’m still waiting for Chris Rock to publicly apologise to Will Smith and his wife!!!

Some subjects shouldn’t be touched. It isn’t something to joke about and Will Smith was defending his wife’s feelings.

1 Like

Pinkett Smith, 52, told NBC she had promised herself that she and Smith, 55, would never get a divorce and said she has not been able to break that promise.

“I think we were both kind of just still stuck in our fantasy of what we thought the other person should be,” she said. The interview came ahead of the release of Pinkett Smith’s memoir, Worthy, next week.

There was speculation about the couple’s marriage in 2020 when the pair went on Pinkett Smith’s Facebook show Red Table Talk and discussed Pinkett Smith’s “entanglement” with artist August Alsina.

Well … that adds a different dimension to Smith’s “righteous” slap … :thinking:

Pinkett Smith was his “wife” in name only - their “marriage” was a sham. Were all his family, friends and colleagues fooled by their deception or was there an inner circle of those “in the know”?

1 Like

Who can believe anything they say? This is what she said in 2018.

“Pinkett Smith made it clear that she and the Bright actor were stronger than ever in June 2018. “Here’s the thing about Will and I — [we] are family. That is never going down,” Jada said while appearing on Sway’s Universe. “We are family. Take out all that whole marriage/ relationship crap, at the end of the day, Will and I are family. I am going to hold him down, doesn’t matter. All that relationship and what people think ideas of a husband, partner and all that, man, whatever. At the end of the day, that is a man that can rely on me for the rest of his life, period.””

I seem to remember them giving marriage advice much after 2016.

Hi

It is absolutely wrong to make a joke like that about a condition she can do nothing about and most women would be extremely aware of their appearance.

It is not funny at all.

What Will did wrong was to lose it and slap in in front of cameras.

He should have waited until they were alone with no cameras.

2 Likes

Probably making a statement publicly rather than a chivalrous act, you know what actors are like… :009: