Why don’t people like obesity

Don’t judge.
It has to be terrible trapped in a big body , but can’t get it together to find a way out.

The only time I have negative thoughts is if I get trapped in train or buses close to someone who clearly hasn’t washed . But that’s another story.

2 Likes

Well my Nurse told me, just a couple of weeks ago that i’m Obsese and |I was quite upset about it.
Here in Suffolk I have never seen so many Fat young girls walking around, showing all their belly and tight leggings, they obviously don’t care what they look like, but I think most of the fat people here in my Town do eat the wrong food, I see them walking down the road eating and drinking, but I think they can make themselves look better by wearing loose clothing.

on a more serious not if we can for a moment -the fast food diets that we eat these days not just here but all over the world are said to contribute to fatness - remember when we were kids - were there many fast food outlets apart from the chippy shop?

2 Likes

We walked more and didn’t have these sedentary hobbies ( like going online to chat)

4 Likes

There are so many reasons why obesity is on the increase

But it doesn’t explain or excuse bullies name calling and being cruel to fat people :rage:

6 Likes

exactly - people who insult have inner troubles!

4 Likes

I feel for people who carry heavy weight , because I am from a heavy weight family , at one time I was the least heavy of us all but its now catching up . My brothers heavy men snd my sister a heavy girl . As I’m older and less active I’m gaining the weight . Yes of course it’s to do with eating wrong foods and not being active we all know that but also slow metabolism doesn’t help in some .

My daughter is heavy boned and if not careful will gain weight and look chubby yet she never stops even runs regularly to kep fit .

My grandaughter is 17 a young dancer , runs , dances daily, always on the go , I’ve noticed her heavy bones and hope that she stays slim because along side her skinny friends she worries she is fat , yet its her build . Having spent my life dieting and doing my best to be slim it was a struggle .

I’m sad for fat people . I was with my son yesterday and a beautiful large woman passed us by and he made a rude remark about her size , I told him not to be rude and be compassionate but he said its all about eating and wrong foods . He is naturally slim but dismissive about build and size .

Many will disagree and say I’m wrong , but these are my thoughts.

I was told recently scientist’s have discovered a fat gene carried in families how true this is I don’t know .

2 Likes

Some of the nurses at our surgery are twice the size of me!! Their uniforms are stretched to capacity and one of them could carry a complete afternoon tea tray on her backside, it is so huge.

2 Likes

My friend is overweight and always has been but her husband is stick thin. They have two adult daughters one is painfully thin like her Dad and the other is very voluptuous like her Mum. They have been brought up on home cooked food and all the veg is home grown by them. They have never eaten junk or convenience foods. At one point the skinny daughter worried her school so much because she was so thin that they rang her parents suggesting she might have anorexia. My friend told them they were welcome to come and see the huge meals she eats at home just like her sister!

My sister had two daughters, a year apart , the first born was a chubby baby the second petite and slim , both were brought up on the same foods . The first born was slways short and wide and grew up quite round and fat, she eats healthy yet is quite big now having had 2 children in the last 4 years . Her sister is tall and slim with a beautiful shape , gorgeous to look at , never gains weight , had a baby a year ago and looked amazing 1 week later , tight tummy etc . The difference in both sisters is a shock. The daughter who is larger suffers with body issues and is envious of her willow sister

2 Likes

I blame the latest round of overweight people on the fast food delivery services and the many bed-sit type flats where sometimes even the most basic cooking arrangements are seldom provided. Those together with the almost constant TV adverts for fast food outlets AND their linked delivery services must be a very real temptation for a poor diet.

1 Like

It’s the same for my 4 daughters. 3 of whom were born to us and are of a ‘normal’ size, but my 4th (a very distant relative) was fostered from 1wk old before adoption and all were fed the same. No 4 is short and somewhat dumpy and the other 3 are still normal/slim. That to me indicates genetics are at work. No 4 was also breast fed as our No 3 was at the weaning stage with teeth emerging and breast feeding made sense to us.

2 Likes

Obviously some people can’t help it.I wasn’t talking about them.

That’s ok :smiley: It just seemed a sweeping statement that’s all. It’s difficult to manage weight against taking meds which makes you feel better. Because then you feel miserable because of the weight gain :frowning_face:

2 Likes

many people over-eat that is called gluttony ; I have seen it in my own family and others - it’s a phenomena probably going back beyond roman times maybe to the dawn of creations? - too much easy to buy junk food heavily prepared with carbs. etc etc - not enough vegatarian style eating like the continentals - need I go on - cos I am starving atm and could eat a bloody horse!!

1 Like

Go and make breakfast then…oh wait, dinner?

just finished eating but haven’t popped it in eating for one thread yet - there is so much to do when you are a single man

Personally I don’t think being awful to an obese person is as much of a problem as we think it is. I certainly wouldn’t criticise a large person, and I don’t think that anyone on the forum would either. There will always be people who mock and call names, it’s how they’ve been brought up and will never change despite what the law says.

1 Like

Well the law says you can’t speak ill of certain groups of people and we all obeyed that one.

I was obese, very obese not all that long ago.
I was slowly killing myself due the severe emotional overeating in my grief. I lost myself for around 3 years until one day I saw a woman looking back at me in the mirror that I didn’t recognise.

I was devastated and those 3 years completely lost.

I like to think it was my Julia and Mummy telling me to wake up.

I went on to lose a lot of weight to an acceptable size which took me 3 years more.

Believe me when I say being obese is a miserable existence. People treat you like you are a non entity. When I lost all the weight everyone , even strangers in a supermarket cash till queue talked to me! All of a sudden I was liked more, was more popular, even though I was the same person as the one before albeit a fatty.

Some people are horribly judgemental and that makes me sad to know.

Sometimes obesity is due to greed but more often than not it is due to emotional issues, past bullying or abuse and or medications.

So next time you look at that obese person, just remember you can’t judge if you never walked in that person’s shoes, and that’s just what they are …a person, and remember that person is probably feeling pretty miserable and crying inside partly due to that judgement.

Smile at that person or say hello, you never know how happy that smile or hello will make them feel…to be noticed and treat as a PERSON instead of the looking at them like something dirty at the bottom of a shoe.

4 Likes