Why Do Some People Take A Book, Or A Newspaper To Read On The Toilet?

I suppose it would be worse if you took a cup of something, or food in with you to eat whilst reading your book/magazine.
No one would do that… would they?

haha no way, that would be the height of depravity lol

This was my post earlier…I never quoted anyone…just my own opinion and thoughts .

I’ve had a drink in the bath.

Some drink wine in the bath and serve it on one of these, some bath trays even have their own place for the glass to go.

Annie, They might refer to it as a, picnic!!
Plus, they might spill their hot tea if they had to strain a bit!

Thanks Annie…I didn’t know that. Also, whats wrong with plants in the bedroom…I had plans for a veritable jungle in mine, is that a bad thing? :astonished:

Pixie, I believe it depends on which plants you have in the bedroom, they are not all harmful at all.
To my knowledge, some are actually beneficial and release oxygen into a room.

You’ll need to do some googling though, as I can’t remember it all now.

1 Like

Thanks Mups, yes…I’ll need to research it more before I start digging up the woods outside :joy:

I can see why we don’t talk much about going to the loo!

Toodle oo!

Ahhh it’s what it says on the tin. Thanks for that, I can stop imagining other things now :joy:

Plants release carbon dioxide at night (you know the whole photosynthesis thing). So they used to advise not to keep them where you sleep. In the day they release oxygen so good to have them in your lounge/kitchen etc.

in terms of scented candles I was put off by media coverage some years back about a connection with cancer. Nowadays it’s also the environment, and unnecessary Co2 etc. I used to love the smell of open fires coming from chimneys too until I found out recently that they cause more Co2 pollution than all the cars.

1 Like

I have no idea what else “Moon Lamp” means for you, but I don’t think I need to know :joy:

1 Like

Yes Annie, I need to do some research on this…I just assumed Plants = good things :smiley:

1 Like

Yes you’re right you don’t want to know :innocent:

1 Like

Quote…

According to scientists from the Columbia University Medical Center, reading on the toilet causes a spread of diseases . It happens if harmful microorganisms sit on a book and a person who comes into contact with it has weakened immunity.

And…

Do you take a newspaper or magazine into the bathroom?

Reading on the can is a pretty common practice, especially in men.

But before you make yourself comfortable there’s something you should know — it’s pretty bad for your health.

Studies have shown that the more time you spend on the throne, the more likely you are to get piles.

It sounds odd, but there are two reasons for the painful problem.

Firstly, the longer you are sitting on the loo, the more stress and strain you are putting on your bottom region, which causes haemorrhoids.

Secondly, staying seated on the toilet for too long can restrict blood flow around the anal area, which can make them worse.

If you’re there for long enough to read half of War and Peace you probably have constipation which causes the piles in the first place, and you should get more fibre in your diet to help ease the passage, so to speak.

If you text on the toilet it’s even worse news.

As well as risking haemorrhoids, you are subjecting your phone screen to germs, pathogens and bacteria from the intestinal tract – mostly from faecal matter.

Oh Dear…

2 Likes

Well that’s the last time I go to the loo :joy:

1 Like

Well im still here to tell the tale that I read mags on the loo and I’m absolutely fine, no bugs or illness. I wesh me 'ands after I’ve done me business and bobs me uncle :grin:

Seems a selling point for those cushioned loo seats. A friend’s mum had one and it was always a bit weird going to the loo there.

1 Like

Cushioned seats?
Some folks will be wanting a nice bookcase, relaxing music, heated slippers and an Expresso machine in there next. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Ah! Good idea. Thanks.