Why Do Some People Take A Book, Or A Newspaper To Read On The Toilet?

Well that’s the last time I go to the loo :joy:

1 Like

Well im still here to tell the tale that I read mags on the loo and I’m absolutely fine, no bugs or illness. I wesh me 'ands after I’ve done me business and bobs me uncle :grin:

Seems a selling point for those cushioned loo seats. A friend’s mum had one and it was always a bit weird going to the loo there.

1 Like

Cushioned seats?
Some folks will be wanting a nice bookcase, relaxing music, heated slippers and an Expresso machine in there next. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Ah! Good idea. Thanks.

Daft devil. :smile:

1 Like

Eh?..Reading on the throne?..so funny…but…I wrote some
of My best work while sitting on the cludgey… especially
those ending a relationship…“aww,I’m so sorry but I don’t
think We have anything in common,But You will always be My Friend”…Wot a liar You were May
:upside_down_face:

It would never occur to me to touch a library book.

Why the hell not?..I give all My library books a good clean before I open them up.If You’re afraid of library books…Go hide Yerself at Hame…I won’t.

Because it would never occur to me to go into a library. :102:

Ok…Ye don’t know hat Ye’r missin’ Kid…Libraries are
wonderfful…Ive been a Member for over seventy years now.
:smiley:

Well I used to use the library many years ago, so I do have some insight into what I’m missing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Talking of eating food in the toilet, I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I used to have a smoke whilst on the pot. Not for about 15 years now, though, as that’s when I gave up.
An added advantage was that you can throw the dog end into the bowl after you’ve finished.

Ok,so get back in there Laddie…have a coffee and a blether,
Ye know it makes sense.
:wink:

But fag ends are incredibly buoyant, and very flush resistant.

And the next person to go in sees it still bobbing about in the water!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Do they have coffee in libraries these days? And do you have to return it later? :thinking:

Now you mention it, they did seem to float for a time afterwards.

They used to have ashtrays in airplane loos once did they not?

2 Likes

5 Likes