Why Can’t l Reheat My Chicken?

ruthio, What did l do? Honestly? You might not want to read what follows … I choked!

I had decided to slice the remainder of the chicken breast up and eat it cold off a separate plate with my hot vegetables, gravy and cauliflower cheese.

I took a bite of the slice of chicken and then a mouthful of vegetables and gravy.
On the second swallow of food, l realised there was something sharp stuck at the back of my throat, either a tiny bone or bit of cartilage? So, l took a gulp of water. It still didn’t shift.
It was uncomfortable, so l thought eating the slushy vegetables and gravy would loosen it, it didn’t!

I was getting worried so l googled it to see if it was dangerous and it advised, l swallow two tablespoons of olive oil. No way!
I drank glasses of water and kept eating the slushy vegetables/gravy.
It seemed to ease but l could still feel it there. I finished the dinner, took my plate to the dishwasher and l retched twice!
I thought my whole dinner would come up but it didn’t and it must have moved the sharp bit.
I was so relieved.

So the moral of this story is, if you’re not poisoned to death by the chicken, it will try to choke you to death instead!!

2 Likes

Poor you! :exploding_head::fearful::hot_face::tired_face::worried:

2 Likes

Swimmy, That is what l usually do with a whole fresh chicken. I cut it up and freeze the various pieces. I only discard the, Parson’s Nose and the very end of the wings.
Chicken is such a versatile meat.

Well, the poor birds got to get it’s revenge somehow!

1 Like

I’m kind of afraid to ask what this is…:thinking:

Pixie, Honestly, don’t you know? I hope you don’t eat it? Uggghhh

Maybe…it’s best to ask a grown-up!! :laughing:

1 Like

Ok thanks for that. Now I am very afraid to know! I don’t eat chicken, but I’m really curious as to which bit is the Parsons Nose.

hopes to god it isn’t the bum

I just googled it.

Its the bum. :flushed: How can you cook a chickens BUM!!!

2 Likes

It’s very near it! It’s the bones at the end of the back bone that hold the tail feathers it’s got a gland full of oil that the bird uses for preening

Basically it’s the little sticky out nobbly bit at the back and Heston and a lot of other chefs say you should get rid of it before you cook your bird because it can make it oily and bitter

On the other hand, some people love nibbling it and in some countries it’s a delicacy

Good lord! How do people discover these things about chicken anatomy, let alone name them :scream:

Nope. Not listening…la-la-la…Maree I am not listening!!! :astonished:

1 Like

Maree’s correct, Pixie.

Maree, I’ve never heard it said about cutting it off before cooking though? That’s a new one on me. :thinking:
Mind you, I wouldn’t fancy eating it, bet its all gristle.

So funny :rofl: Did you think you’d get off that easy? Here ya go!

1 Like

Nooooo! It’s 6am! Why am I starting my day like this?!

1 Like

I’ll email you some tea and toast!

2 Likes

As Trigger said to Rodney… ‘Oh well, you live and learn’.

I always thought the ‘Parson’s Nose’ was a sexual, or urinary organ and that all the chickens you buy to eat were male! :laughing:

2 Likes

Nah, you’re OK, I got her brekkie sorted

Oh my goodness, that’s so funny :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

You really thought it was the chicken’s ………?:rofl:

2 Likes

I shall be very grateful for that Tabby, thank you. At least I know you are are a chicken free zone! :smiley:

1 Like

ahem

So did I… :flushed:

2 Likes

Yep! Now, l feel very foolish as l have kept chickens for over 16 years! I haven’t noticed a ‘Parsons Nose’ on them when l’ve checked inside them to see if they’re eggbound!

I don’t feel very well :nauseated_face:

1 Like