Why are some humans so vile and unfeeling

Unfortunately the Chinese for the most part lack the gene for kindness to animals .
Horrendous cruelty is so commonplace that children think it is normal .
These are people who allow unwanted babies mainly girls or disabled to die of neglect tied to potty benches so what do they care about animals.

Quite the reverse. I kept then them in there to avoid them being being being killed

Human nature, if people can treat fellow humans badly how much easier to be cruel to animals? Nothing to do with politics or immigration just the way people treat other people and animals

I give up . .

Bruce you have been asked politely .

…and I have politely replied that it is human nature that people are “vile and unfeeling” and said why. It is totally on topic. it fits with the thread title and the tags, just saying that it doesn’t is a nonsense.

That is not what you said first you made a totally unnecessary remark about people on this forum and drowned bodies on the French coast .
It was off topic and out of order

I merely gave that as a topical example of people being “vile and unfeeling”. I mentioned no names.

I do think Bruce came over wrongly he cares about animals but just started off on the wrong footings…then you ponced on him.
I found many times on the forum some people want some blood from you
My love of animals is very upfront…people are to me not so important.

Please return to the topic

I agree with Muddy. Off topic and uneccessary. Sorry Bruce.

Please can I ask nicely, that we don’t spoil this thread by off topic comments and petty arguments?

Sorry Muddy but think all post are valid and don’t need to be exactly in line with the title.
Feelings are important…

But this thread wasn’t about ‘feelings’ or people drowing, Dianne. It was about 53 dogs being rescued from being eaten.

I have asked nicely, and it doesn’t seem to make a scrap of difference, so might as well close the thread now, if this is what is going to happen.

1 Like

so a fine line to be what you think is appropriate for the thread…means freedom of speak is now not allowed…keep in line with what you think is exceptable or what

What a mess this forum has become
people telling you what you can say and not say now

I disagree with you @DianneWoollie, the OP of this thread has also posted a link to her post which states clearly what the thread is about…. Dogs being saved from torture.

Illegal immigrants have nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Also I do not agree with your post criticising this forum.

2 Likes

Thank you Mags.

It’s a lack of empathy and failure of imagination that some people(s) seem to have either naturally or through nurture.

I guess being able to disassociate oneself emotionally is a trait of most animals, of which we are one. Without condoning Bruce’s comments and advocating a potential thread derailment, it is this disassociation that has given humans (and probably other animals) the ability to kill other members of its own species without compunction.

I do apologise for being so negative.
I thought after what the heck am I saying and why.
Guess life is taking its toll on me more than I realised.

This morning the Hunt is out. We passed them on the way to the supermarket. They have cars everywhere parked on the side verges that are used for pulling in as the roads are not all two lanes wide.
They have to place a notice up of there actions so saw that first off.
They are just standing by the side of the road with guns cocked and just looking and waiting, all in high viz clothing.
Just a few weeks ago two young fawns crossed our path and ran quite playfully into the woods, that are now full of hunting dogs. I know that is there patch as had seen them twice within those few weeks…

I knew when we moved here that Hunts would occur, but checked out other areas that seemed to have much more regular ones than here.

It’s lawful here still, so nothing you can do to change these …hunters needs.
Certainly the younger French don’t seem to be taking this vile sport up so much.

On the way back we saw the Hunter with the trumpet…that will gather the dogs…time for the shooters to see how many animals they can kill…