Why are all those People Better Off Than Me?

I don’t know what others think but, if there’s someone on the TV, who just won millions in the Lottery, I find myself looking at them very closely & wondering if they will spend it wisely.

:no_mouth:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anybody fawning or making excuses for the obscenely rich. What’s there to make excuses for, they’re better off than some. And that’s life. You could say that football fans fawn over the players. To me they’re obscenely rich, but I don’t criticise them or the fans who fawn over them.

1 Like

I think I can honestly say that I am not envious of others wealth and possessions. I have worked hard the whole of my life. I never got anywhere or very much for it. But I survived. What I have now is sufficient and I manage. I do not crave more or in all honesty need more. Apart perhaps more time,

2 Likes

I do. I think the money that footballers get for kicking a ball around is obscene. Big wow, you can kick a ball far far away :roll_eyes: To me, the only people who deserve that kind of money are the ones who save lives by putting their own lives on the line.

2 Likes

Have you seen league two football?

No? :woman_shrugging:

In my eyes happiness is much more valuable than wealth.

The majority of people work hard for what little or lot they gain. What I detest are those who tell others how hard they have worked to get where they are. Don’t we all do our best at that?

4 Likes

Fawning and excuses are in just about every sycophantic article re the royals that you are always posting on here :slight_smile: .
Football fans don’t FAWN they are fans .
The may be rich and be paid obscene sums but they actually did /do something for it .They earn its themselves by their own efforts and talent they don’t get it gratis with the birth certificate they don’t leach of the tax payer and don’t have outrageous tax exemptions.

I post about the royals on the royal thread, not on here. Discussing the royals on here takes this thread off topic and is a completely different subject.

Not at all very apt I would say …
Tax Avoidance is legal that why people have Tax Accountants .
Tax evasion is not legal .
So some people avoid tax ( like Prince William will do on the Duchy of Cornwall which pays no corporation tax .( This is what your article mentions re the football clubs .)
The paradise papers revealed that the Crown Portfolio had been avoiding / evading tax for decades .

2 Likes

100% agree with this post!!..makes a lot of sense to me.:+1::+1::+1:

As I’ve said this thread isn’t about the royals. Which is obviously what you’re obsessed about.

Are you dictating what threads are about now weedey ?
I am not obsessed with the royals .
It’s not me who posts articles from the daily Mail about them all the time .

Yes on the royal thread as that’s what that thread is discussing.

This thread is discussing:

When some people see others who have achieved more, earned more, been more successful, than they have, they immediately assume that those others have been given, or have taken advantages which they don’t have.

For example, rich parents, sent to the top schools, belong to the right clubs, know the right people.

However, aren’t there many people who didn’t have that kind of help, people who put themselves through schools & Uni by working hard in all sorts of jobs in order to be able to “get there”?

Aren’t there People who have never taken much financial assistance, from anyone, but have managed to succeed, and prosper, out there?

People who created a business, employed other people, or just did a job which got them there?

Shouldn’t such people be celebrated?

Oh so the royals as an example of exactly what’s described here in the OP can’t be mentioned on your say so ?

I find myself thinking I wish it was me !
I know exactly how I would spend it .

1 Like

The royals definitely don’t come into my mind from the OP. Charlie Mullins, yes, George Wimpey, yes and many others. In fact I love reading articles, about how people who’ve turned from rags to riches.

From the OP:

It’s just a a tad more down to earth than the premier league pantomime, sorry for digressing but I simply couldn’t help myself :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I can understand why the Royals become a consideration, in chats like this, but to me, they are on a completely different playing field, they may as well be on Mars, and not someone I see many of us being in a position to compete with.

2 Likes

The problem is not the money, but the unevenness of the playing field?
Or where the participants start the race from ?? :-1::-1:

1 Like