Who has planned a holiday for this year and where?

Lovely photos Bruce, looked like excellent trips.

23 rd of June, that is or I would be in trouble

I like to see different places, a cruise is the perfect way to achieve this so a cruise around Italy was our last one a few months ago. We’ll probably have a another one this year but more close to home…in the rain…:cry:

Seems like there is plenty of rain all over the country. So lots of places to choose from Gabi. :lol::lol:

Thanks, yes, they were a lot of fun, I love travelling and seeing new things.

well next week the school holidays start and I’ve booked 6 weeks off work :slight_smile: really looking forward to going on holiday at some stage during my break.

OH is taking the kids to Alton Towers theme park for a 2 day break but i won’t be joining them its not my idea of fun.

:lol::lol::lol: Chicken Kitty darlin’ - some of those rides are real fun, but yes one or two can be REALLY scary.

I’ve always hated theme park rides uncle Joe, even the tame ones make me feel sick, I’m thinking of taking myself on a Spa break while they go green on the rides.:slight_smile:

Got to agree with you Kitty. Theme parks are not my cup of tea. Be more like a nightmare from hell.:shock:

Hope you enjoy your Spa.:slight_smile:

Thanks shaz i am sure i will enjoy it :slight_smile:

Kitty darlin’ - Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic - a nice spa resort for a few days.

I like walking around theme parks watching people on the rides, but I don’t want to go on the rides and I object very strongly to having to pay a small fortune to go in. I think the system of paying a large amount of money up front and all rides “free” is very unfair. Plus when you see the queueing times to get on the most popular rides is, to me at least, very offputting. I used to love going to Alton Towers before it became a huge theme park but after my last visit there some years ago I have no desire to go again.
Perhaps the payment system has changed now, I don’t know, but I would hope so.

no its hasn’t changed that much,they do a lot of buy one get one free to get people to bite the bullet, my hubby and kids have got a god deal and as long as they have fun thats fine but you won’t get me there even if it was free.

My Father and I are off to Weston-super-Mare in a few weeks. Looking forward to it, even if the weather looks unpredictable. We’ve been abroad a few times since my Mother passed away, mostly to the USA. We were in Hawaii for Dad’s 70th birthday. It was wonderful. We’d love to go back there and back to Las Vegas. Three years ago I was in New York for the US Open tennis. I went there on my own. I’ve no problem travelling on my own, but it’s always nice to have company.

Hello and welcome to the forum Helen.
I lived and worked in Weston super Mare 20+ years ago, I loved it there.
Nice and flat on the front, with a nice new pier.
Pity it isn’t early November, they have their festival of light, where some of the floats have up to 25,000 lights on them, quite spectacular.
Anyway have fun!

I’m off to Bristol on Wednesday, am I looking forward to it, in all honesty not really. I’ve never driven that distance or to there, come to, that on my own before but I got a sat nav so hopefully will be fine but just in case am taking sleeping bag too.Back seats make into a bed so at least I’ll be comfy.

There is a chance we may be going back to Florida, now I have a new hip. Possibly sometime around early December time.

Hi Arthur,

I’ve got a sneaking feeling that the weather may be better in November:-D We chose WSM because it’s flat. Last year we went to Scarborough and it was all hills. It was too much for Dad and even I was finding it hard going. We look forward to early morning or late evening strolls along the promenade.

Graham matey, just be careful going through airport security - tell security officer BEFORE he wipes you down with the metal detector that you have a METAL HIP JOINT, otherwise you could inadvertently trigger the alarms. I did and the Policeman that was summoned was not a ‘happy bunny’.

Just come back from my 4th trip to France and Switzerland this year. Lucky when your son decides to emigrate just under a thousand miles away. Couldnt have done it if it was Australia. Was 33 when I left on Monday this week. Now its 16 here, typical Summer for England.:cool: