Who Does The Majority Of

The household chores in your household?

Be it cooking,cleaning, ironing, gardening,etc,please be honest and tell the Truth?

Do you both work together and do equal amounts, share the load?

Do you ever get paid help in?

the maid

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy: does she wear a uniform ?

2 Likes

I hope she’s sober, and stays off that stash of wickey you’ve got hidden,:joy::rofl:…after a few drams each, you could dust together,:joy:

Do the Highland Scotch Whisky Dance …:rofl:

She’d need armour on,dusting that lampshade of yours…:joy::rofl:

It’s self cleaning like my oven :innocent:

3 Likes

I do most of the cooking, not often, we tend to fend for ourselves. As to cleaning, it gets done as & when.
I would love a home help, but they would throw their hands up & quit on the spot here. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
I am not kidding either.

2 Likes

The self cleaning oven,:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:…and I thought another poster was being serious, when she said that her oven cleans itself.

I thought at the time, I must look into that, …an oven with an inbuilt robot ,who comes out and cleans the oven, when everyone goes to sleep,:sweat_smile::joy:

I’d help you Tiff, I’d charge you though!..I ain’t cheap…:rofl::sweat_smile:

Pauline, you would take one look & run. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I’m hoping more members will own up to, who does the majority of the work in their household,:thinking:

Maybe I should do a poll, how do I do that,or is it to late?

1 Like

I so pretty much everything and naturally my husband took on the role of chief critic in the way I cooked, filled the dishwasher, ironed his shirts, when I vacuumed etc etc etc. Weird how he wasn’t quite so keen to take over and show me how it should be done.

1 Like

I had to laugh at that…:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:.

That’s one thing my exes never critiqued, my cleaning or cooking…I must say,I did have a lot of headaches,:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

We did have a cleaner when we worked. My wife does the cooking - she is rather good at it. I usually load the dishwasher. Neither of us do any ironing. We both walk the dogs in the morning then just me. We walk to the grocery store, Max in tow with my wife and me with the two trolleys. My wife gardens. My limited expertise in that field is mowing the grass.

2 Likes

I have always done the housework, bills and finance, shopping for groceries, cooking, taking care of the children, all of it.
I haven’t minded, as I never went critical if hubby tried to do anything. Although, my first hubby would wash down ceilings for me, but wouldn’t do the dishes. He was appreciative in many ways. :wink:

2 Likes

We both share.

I do the prepared vegetables, cooking, drying up and put away dishes, dusting.
Husband does the Washing up, hoovering, polishing, handy jobs.

2 Likes

I undertake most of the household duties in here, except at holiday times when I sit back and observe just like a lazy git should :astonished::point_right::wink::grin:

3 Likes

I does the window cleaning, gardening, vacuuming, some of the washing up, general DIY stuff, V does the rest.

2 Likes

I do most of the cooking, but the old man sometimes does one of his ‘specials’, a full English breakfast, curry or pizza in the outdoor pizza oven

None of us iron much. I do his shirts. We have a ‘blitz’ clean when we hoover top to bottom and dust between us, then he does the bathroom, I do the kitchen. We can get it spicy and span in a couple of hours. He fills the dishwasher, I empty in the morning. Either of us will put on the washing machine, or neither if we both forget! I’ll peg it out on the line, but he chucks it in the tumble dryer. We both garden between us but he looks after the car and garage. We decorate together

2 Likes

John does all the washing and the washing up.
I’m the main cook but john makes Sunday dinner.
John tidies up…I clean.
I change the bed. I do the mopping , jobs John finds hard with only having one arm.

We are a great team and never argue over household tasks .

2 Likes