Who do you think will become the new Tory party leader?

I see that Liz Truss has certainly ruffled a few feathers in the area where she grew up, by slagging off her education.

When she said she had grown up in the heart of the red wall, it gave me the impression that she must have grown up in some downbeat poor neglected area, controlled by Labour, and that is why she eventually made her way to being Conservative, via the LibDems.
It made me smile to discover that the “terrible school” she described and the place where she grew up was in Roundhay, which is in a Constituency that was held by a Conservative MP for the whole time Liz lived there and Conservative Councillors when she was at school there.

Methinks she is exaggerating a tad - projecting the image of growing up in the school of hard knocks for political expediency :wink:

It’s strange how differently other people who attended the same school at the same time remember it - I did find one journalist writing in The Telegraph who remembered it the way Liz does but lots of other folk remember it differently - maybe their different memories are coloured by their political views. :wink:

1 Like

But when you compare it with all the vulgar lack of decorum over the years from Johnson, even in his final PMQs, that his devotees apparently love him for, condemning Rishi for this is surely a bit harsh!

2 Likes

It could be worse, we could get someone like Sleepy Joe Biden…
:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, yes, alright, its a personal bugbear of mine is the fist pump, never mind…I was going to add something along those lines but I felt it would be off on a tangent. They are all lacking in decorum.

1 Like

From mail I’ve received for up t’north, knifing BJ will have lost the Tories the next GE. All say the same … they voted for BJ and not the party in general.

3 Likes

Who can you name amongst MPs both Labour and Conservative who possess decorum?

2 Likes

1 Like

I agree with you Pixie, fist pumping should be reserved for athletes because they have done something worthy of praise. A bit childish when a politician does it, we expect better.

1 Like

I don’t consider Rees-Mogg shows decorum - he is frequently unpleasantly sarcastic - and lounging on the front bench with your eyes closed in the House of Commons during a key debate whilst another MP is speaking is not a sign of “decorum” - it is downright rude!

2 Likes

Exactly. And Rees-Smugg (I actually dislike name calling but in this case it is less abusive and more simply descriptive) is not a man for stepping up to the leadership role. He would much rather be the chap behind, manipulating the person in front. I think he might have learnt that technique at private boys school.

1 Like

I am getting more confident that it will either be Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak.

Laughing So Hard Smiley

1 Like

Please God not Fishy Rishy.

2 Likes

I changed my vote - looks like they’ll choose dizzy lizzy. Fishy rishy (or should it be richy rishy!) is just as bad tho. Either way neither of them were voted in by the public, so early election is almost a certainty :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I read earlier that Rishi is a bit peeved that Boris isn’t texting him back, nor returning his phonecalls! Aww, well I’m glad he stuck by his moral duty, despite not liking him still.

3 Likes

I bet Boris will get his revenge in some way or another Pixie - he seems that type of person :043:

3 Likes

You mean a spoilt school boy? That sounds about right.

Hi

I think Liz Truss will get it and we will then all suffer as she will have to deliver on the tax cuts she has promised.

That means cuts

1 Like

Cuts in what though? We are shorn to the bone as it is :frowning_face:

Hi

Well Jacob Rees Mogg is calling for a discussion on reducing what the state does.
Not just reducing things, aboloshing parts of government all together

2 Likes

Had a quick glance at what you meant, Swimmy…all I can say is god help us :scream:

Edited - November 5th can’t come quick enough! :icon_evil: