Which upgrade/renovation gave you the most pleasure doing in or around your home?

For me it was getting rid of the old wood logs stores this one was on the side of the house the idiot had even stopped the conservatory window opening

yes the bit at the end i removed as well

other one I took down next below

1 Like

the other one I replaced with the greenhouse

took ages to dismantle every roof tile was double nailed in.
believe it or not 60 plastic sacks of rubble taken out some below

the last one I did actually enjoy the project ,even down to cutting a couple of the the paving slabs in half to get the base the right size for the greenhouse. Took a few months the local dump don’t like rubble so went to two different ones bit by bit. Even sorting out the area and finding the right size greenhouse was enjoyable

3 Likes

Definitely my garden…I will post some pictures of before and after tomorrow…as I deleted my pictures, it’s to dark outside to take pictures of my garden😃…will do it tomorrow.

Sorting the garden out.

1 Like

yes getting a garden how you like it is satisfying. When we moved here there was a big flowering cherry tree blocking a lot of light from the kitchen, so that went. There was a huge rambling rose half way across the back of the house, far too big to start with and behind a wooden trellis fixed to the wall for it to grow up. Idiot had put the trellis right next to the boiler flu and was part burnt. how it didn’t catch fire is beyond me. Then on the back door side of the house was a creeping ivy that had worked its way up to and in the loft area.So that was taken down as well. Old apple tree not fruiting pulled out and new in another part of the garden.

Nice outings to garden centres to pick new plants. Sue’s dept mainly, garden centre cafe for me and sausages rolls

1 Like

Building an electronics workshop in the loft…

2 Likes

Good use of loft space as well. Would not LED flourescent tubes be better? Just an idea and cheaper to run. What I did was use a bit of guttering to act as a shield

1 Like

Creating my Craft Room - it is amazing what you can fit in to 12ft x 12 ft

Computer station
Cutting station
Jewellery  Making bits
Printer station
Rainbow drawers
Shelving
Nemo's bed
Willow's bed

5 Likes

Thanks realspeed, yes you could be right about the LED’s. The bench light has a 1325 lumen LED bulb and makes a good light for working under. I am considering recessed lighting using LED’s in the ceiling for better light dispersal.

Your workspace is so tidy @SilverTabby lots of stuff in a minimum of space… :+1:

1 Like

I believe they actually make LED tubes to fit into Flourescent fittings.
I fitted one of these in the garage area well worth considering as we each blade can be moved to where you want the light. it is like daylight now in the large area it covers. just screws in to a light fitting

1 Like

Looks good @realspeed :+1:

A different project on a different scale but one that gave me immense satisfaction. Almost 50 years ago.
A paper mill. It was initially started in a mill in Grimsby but, like many in the UK, the mill closed. Sad, but but life goes on. The whole jing bang was exported to Taiwan, myself included.
It was a fairly complex project - paper mills are. The original mechanical parts remained although were the original 1930’s vintage. Basic mechanics. .

The part was the new power electronics.section section. New, complex, and the need to match the old sections. The whole project took eight months. Eight months of my life.

4 Likes

And I got married.

and was that around your home as in the heading? the paper mill?

I went home to UK.
So I’m not sure what you mean.

This thread is about your home and improvements, not anything to do with jobs or work. Read the heading properly

That’s not very friendly Bazza, Remb that threads will attract lots of comments and sometimes some of them are only loosely related.

If you want a thread to stay strictly on topic then it’s best to say in the first post… in fact we’ll be bringing in a tool to help people do just that - so watch this space! :wink:

2 Likes

I thought the heading was clear enough to understand. It is in the home and DIY section

People like to chat Bazza :smiley: it’s ok :smiley:

But it’s also ok to want threads to be more ‘on-topic’, which is why I’ll be bringing in those new tools and you’ll be able to specify you want your threads to remain sticky on topic :023: (you are not the first to btw, hence why I was already on the case ;-))

1 Like