Which gardening gadgets/tools do you have or recommend?

I’m determined not to kill the set of indoor plants I bought so bought one of these meters:

Given the plants are not cheap it seems like a good investment, even if to help me get a feel for how to do things by eye.

Are there any other gadgets or tools you use or recommend for the budding gardener or indoor plant enthusiast? :smiley:

For the gardener - a 5 litre pressure spray and a bottle of the cheap Chinese equivalent of Roundup (Glyphosate). No gardener should be without it.

In fact I am just about to go out and spray along the fence line right now.

Personally I rarely buy plants, I take cuttings on my daily walks. I like succulents as they are very hard to kill in my Darwinian garden and sticking them in soil basically makes them grow.

1 Like

When I had a garden one of my favourite gadgets was a butane gas weed burner. I suppose if I’m honest it was probably more toy than gadget but there was something quite relaxing, almost therapeutic about using it.

There are various models available on Amazon at a decent price. Mine was quite useful for lighting barbeques too.

2 Likes

I’ve come to appreciate a garden pruner like this one I bought.

Cuts easily through trees and shrubs like these.

2 Likes

My battery operated Gtech hedge trimmer …it makes short work of shrubs and hedges .

1 Like

An electric lawnmower

1 Like

long handled hoe and a long handled fork. And a metal tined scarifier and a plastic one. Plus a good pair of secateurs

1 Like

My push mower does the lawn beautifully without shredding it.

1 Like

Not to forget my robotic lawn mower. Wouldn’t want to do without it.

1 Like

My electric mower does just fine too but it takes an hour and some which is why I use an electric mower - I am in my mid seventies, that’s my excuse.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic posts

For edging my lawn - these are brilliant

1 Like

Got one of those excellent little gadget

1 Like

Does it empty the clippings into a nice neat pile?

1 Like

No, they are so small that it mulches them.

1 Like

Now that weedkiller sprays have (rightly) had the toxic chemicals taken out the only answer to keeping gravel paths clear are the gas burners.
Mine is very useful for making the melted sugar on top of crème brulees. Very quickly.

1 Like

These 10cm battery chain saws are excellent if you’ve lots of trees and shrubs. They even go through larger pieces of wood - so great for getting smaller bits of wood when I’m lighting the pizza oven.

All of my ‘gardening’ requirements are carried out by the local Landgirls run by Holly, so I do not have any gardening tools.

Wolf garten tools

https://wolfgarten-tools.co.uk/products/ranges/multi-change-tools