Which do you prefer..micro or conventional oven

We use both the conventional and microwave oven. The use depends on what we are cooking, most though is done in the conventional oven

Microwave used mainly for defrosting, re heating, sponge puddings etc.

Now I’m feeling hungry :grinning:

there is this type as well…

imagine getting the delicious chargrilled flavours of outdoor cooking from an indoor grill. With the Ninja Foodi Health Grill & Air Fryer, it’s quick and easy to create your favourite meals, evenly cooking and searing fresh and frozen ingredients using little or no added oil.

With 5 cooking functions, enjoy sizzling steaks, chargrilled halloumi skewers, crispy chips, freshly baked bread and more…

WHAT’S INCLUDED:

• Ninja Health Grill & Air Fryer
  • Ceramic-Coated Grill Plate
  • Ceramic-Coated Crisper Basket
  • Ceramic-Coated Cooking Pot
  • Splatter Guard
  • Cleaning Brush with Scraper

YOUR EXCLUSIVE OFFER:

• Now only £179.96 - Save £20!
1 Like

We use the microwave several times every day. Conventional oven and grill 3 or 4 times a week so I guess the microwave has it in our house.

1 Like

Now THAT is what I call getting your money’s worth!
:023:

Our microwave/nuclear reactor :lol: is a grill/conventional oven/microwave oven combination so it gets a fair amount of use especially when V is cooking stuff that require different temperatures.

@DianneWoollie Thanks for all this information, I will check it out and see what these Ninja air-fryer devices are all about!
:grinning:

I like a conventional oven if I’m honest…but I use a microwave if I’m heating up quick stuff. I went without one for 6 months when the last one broke, and I didn’t miss it…just the convenience I suppose.

1 Like

Microwave, if I am cooking from S*burys chiller cabinet.
And the packet must say ‘less than 4 minutes’ cooking time.
Conventional oven if someone else is doing the cooking.

1 Like

We don’t have one,she’s says it’s not natural.
When I was my own I couldn’t live without one.
Didn’t do me any harm any harm any harm…

1 Like

I prefer the conventional oven.

I bought a brand new microwave last year, still haven’t used it,:open_mouth:

That made me re call…Winter time and soup…always heated up in the microwave…the list is growing…
They still do say, do not keep in front of whilst the Microwave is in use…I go along with that…seen how my electronic scales change on there own when the Microwave is on the go…
Hi Trixie…

1 Like

Ha! If I could get someone else to cook, I’d make them use the conventional oven too. :wink:

I use my microwave for everything. From heating water to cooking pasta. I used to use a rice cooker for everything but I got tired of cleaning it.

Hey Dianne!

So when you say “do not keep in front” what do you mean by that? On mine I have to keep the air vents clear of any obstruction, but not sure what you mean by the front. Unless of course its a front opening door and you would knock things over when the door opened…?!

My friend is like that, she won’t have a microwave in the house.
I’ve been using microwaves for over 30 yrs, I don’t like cooking in them, only heating stuff up.

Oh I didn’t realise you’d had a new one for that long Pauline. I’m sure you said 2 or 3 weeks ago that your microwave wasn’t working :thinking: (on the butternut squash thread)

1 Like

Maybe I:did.:open_mouth:…maybe I forgot I had a new one, my what a great memory you have.:open_mouth:

I forgot I had a new car the other day as I’d been without one for so long,:open_mouth:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Plus would you believe I had it covered over with a table cloth,:joy::sweat_smile:…because it’s right next to the sink,:joy:…I had a yellow one before that from Lidl, it wasn’t working plus it went rusty,…:joy:

Getting old is not good.:open_mouth:

1 Like

No it’s not good,I haven’t gone rusty yet though.

1 Like

My large over is fan assisted, my medium oven is convection with a grill and the best one of the lot is my combination microwave oven as that one cooks swiftly and efficiently without any chance of burning anything if set right.