Where has that Gnome come from?

Villains

Garden gnomes, which are the sinister accomplices of burglars. Welsh police have warned homeowners that thieves are placing the ornaments in front gardens and waiting to see if they’re moved – if they’re not, it’s a sign the owners might be away.

1 Like

There is a slight flaw in their reasoning.Some other thieves might steal it and ,not very likely I know ,but the homeowner may like it.

4 Likes

Aww, I think it’s cute. I probably wouldn’t move it.

These burglars have a lot of money to spare to invest in garden gnomes. Knocking on the door to see if someone answers is a more economical way to see if anyone is home.

4 Likes

They don’t sound too smart do they? :grinning:

2 Likes

Similarly, you could ask yourself where a plastic bottle stuck between one of the wheels and the frame of your car has come from? You might be targeted by a criminal who wants to steal your car.

1 Like

Dunno,
There might be something in it, a kind of criminal underworld gnome code?

“Three days bruv… if it ain’t shifted we nick the koi carp.”

ornaments-gnome-fishing

2 Likes

Perhaps The Garden Gnome Co Ltd have a sales campaign on the dark web?

1 Like

I thought this thread was about a certain politician…

1 Like

talkin of the dark web ? - some of them may have been ‘removed’ from places where the sun never shines??

1 Like

It won’t work looking to see if they are moved…dont these burglars know these gnomes come to life at night and go walkabout…shifty little chaps they are!

3 Likes

Not just walkabout, my gnomes went off on a package holiday to Spain, I knew that as I got a pc from them saying so, they came home three weeks later with a Spanish friend & all deeply tanned.

3 Likes

Hi
They don’t knock on doors for a very simple reason.

Video doorbells or motion sensitive cameras linked to the Cloud.

Images are commonly stored for 3 months.

They are not as stupid as you think.

2 Likes

We have a small unpainted one (for camouflage purposes) at the back of the house. He’s been on the neighbourhood watch for a number of years now. So let these brightly coloured ones move in and he’ll be the first to spot them!

3 Likes

What a change. In 2012, people were using garden gnomes embedded with security cameras to safeguard their place.

This was really old school technology. Now people can get mini security cameras that would probably fit on that garden gnome and spy on the burglars. Like one of these.

2 Likes

Yes and, as it comes up to Christmas and darker evenings, you could enlist support from the plastic reindeer and maybe bring in the big guns with Santa on a sledge!

3 Likes

Those gnomes are getting hi tech now…before you know ot they will be taking over :frowning: :persevere:

2 Likes

British Gnome Stores?

3 Likes

This one was found breaking and entering the house, but he did a runner and I couldn’t catch him…

Wait a minute…He looks like me now…
:thinking:

3 Likes

" stores wot"??

1 Like

I suspect The Gnomes of Zurich could be behind all this shenanigans

1 Like