Where Do You Live

Big Ben…the New Forest is a beautiful place to live, do the ponies still roam free?

1 Like

Ware.

1 Like

Where? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@susiejaeger Crikey Susie, you live in a beach hut? :flushed: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We live in an ex mining village in Nottinghamshire close to Sherwood and many other areas of woodland, quite the dog owners and walkers’ paradise really. The area has actually fbeen transformed since the mines closed in the nineties, with most of the spoil heaps having now been top soiled, landscaped and planted with trees and heather to form country parks, and most of the mine areas themselves have now been developed for either housing or business parks.

All in all a lovely place to live now, and being in the centre of the country we also tend to have very temperate weather with very few extremes which again, is quite a boon. :blush:

3 Likes

I live in Surrey. A 3 bedroom bungalow. The area has a lot going for it as regards outdoor life. Lots of heathland, leafy woodland, large parks and a canal that’s said to have the most diverse insect life of any canal. Yet it is close to shops with nearby bus routes/train stations to towns, cities and the hospital. It would be possible to live here without a car. Something I’ve often thought about putting into action.

Against it is a high council tax rate and seemingly not getting a lot for it. The road surfaces are no better than anywhere else. Greenery isn’t often trimmed back from footpaths.

Good and bad in all areas I suppose. Must be something about the place because I was born, raised and worked in the area and have no desire to be anywhere else. I’m sure I would miss my home area if I were to move.

2 Likes

I believe there are wild ponies in the New Forest, areas for them to roam free.

1 Like

Barry, i’ve not seen much of the Beach, we have only lived here 12 weeks and 9 of those weeks I have been indoors with Sciatica.

Janet doesn’t live far away from me.

3 Likes

Born in Surrey moved to Kent with my employer. Not to bad but getting a bit built up. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Right up in the North Highlands as far as you can go, on a farm with stunning views of the coastline.Lots of lovely beaches and wee coves and it’s a Surfers dream…

8 Likes

That looks absolutely stunning,Rox, makes my place look rather dull…but then Scotland is certainly a beautiful country, it’s the second biggest country in the UK I believe.

1 Like

@susiejaeger Sorry Susie, just that you said the photo was taken from your bedroom window?

Yes the ponies do still roam free. People do not realise that these ponies have more right to roam the open forest and roads than we humans have.
I have heard many ‘non’ locals refer to them as horses. There are no ‘horses’ in the forest. just ponies.
Of course there are many other animals enjoying the freedom they are given. Donkeys, pigs, sheep etc;
It,s a beautiful spot and seeing the ‘Camp site full’ signs every summer goes to show how popular this part of the country is

1 Like

Oh yes it is Barry, we have a good view of the Sea, Stoney Beach, Boats and at Night time its all lit up, it looks great.

2 Likes

047house blue
planters and flower baskets
just around the corner from where we live, woods or farmland mainly.big trees

the one above we are just pulling up to open our Gates with our post box to the right of the gates…we have no pavements, but some grass verges with gully’s to take the rain water…

4 Likes

Have camped with our Caravan many times in the area. Lovely part of the world…

1 Like

More photos of where I live.

6 Likes

View from our window of the sea.

7 Likes

They look like the same Norwegian huge rocks that lot of coastal areas received to help stop the sea invading the land…
Bexhill, they are everywhere. Hastings also which is next to Bexhill.
I am a water babe so really miss the coast. We have man made beaches by lakes that are good…not the same of course and the air is so different inland…
Looks really a lovely place to live, susiej

1 Like

Denver, CO

3 Likes