Where Do You Live

Do you live in a town, city or countryside?

What county do you live in?

I live in the county of Hampshire…

Do you enjoy what your town, city , countryside has to offer?

What are the ups and downs of living there.?

2 Likes

In the North…of Devon, rural town, Exmoor on the doorstep, beaches about 30/45 minutes away, not that we use them now, when the kids were small, we’d be there often.
Downside, M5 is about 45 mins away along the horrible N Devon link road.

2 Likes

Hammersmith, leafy west London.

We like it here … short bus ride to Hyde Park, the West End. Lots of good value shops, street markets locally & we’re close to the Thames.

2 Likes

I live in rural Worcestershire now, at the foot of the Malvern Hills with the river Severn and Bredon Hill on the other side.

Malvern is famous for Edward Elgar, Malvern Water, Morgan Cars and Public Schools .

2 Likes

I live in a town called Keynsham, which is situated between Bristol and Bath.
We have quite a few facilities, the usual supermarkets etc. Also a sports centre.
We have a lovely park where each summer there is a music festival. Well there was until Covid. Where there are tents supporting all sorts of music and activities. A good summer day entertainment.

We have good travel links to both Bristol and Bath. And we are only a short walk into country side.

To be honest I am quite happy living here. I’m sure there are things that can be improved, like the one way system, but hey I have little to complain about

2 Likes

Not K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M ?

That’s a very famous place for those of us who used to listen to Radio Luxembourg in the 60’s.
Horace Batchelor lived there.:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I used to live on the Surrey Hampshire borders near Camberley/Farnham/Farnborough Pauline. I know the area well, although it’s quite a big area so not sure which end you’re at. Nice part of the world. You could always hear machine gunfire at night as the army do a lot of training in the area. Not sure if that’s still the case.

2 Likes

Used to frequent Farnham,Annie…I also live right next to the army ranges.in Hampshire…I will post a pic of them on my other thread…i haven’t been there in a while, we can’t go into the ranges though, when the red flag is up.

1 Like

I live up on the North Coast on my partners farm, no neighbours and the village a couple of miles away and the Town about 5miles in the other direction. This is the view that dominates here.

6 Likes

Fantastic, except maybe when there’s a storm raging.

1 Like

Even better when there’s a storm. I love a wild angry sea with huge waves. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I live in Northumberland, in a market town which I love. I was born in a coastal village and have lived in other areas of Northumberland and the English Scottish border but for me, this is the best. I’m not a Geordie, I’m Northumbrian.

2 Likes

In a terraced miners cottage in the Rhondda valley

2 Likes

I live in Devon, only a 30 minute car ride from the nearest beach, but haven’t been for a long time. I can see the sea if I wander up a very steep hill on to Dartmoor, which is a 10 minute walk away, haven’t done that for a long time either. :grinning:
We do have lovely views from our house, being on a hill, where they haven’t been built on that is. :grinning:
Having said all that I still like living here & would never want to leave.

Views from my house.

P1070454(1)

2 Likes

Horace Batchelor - Wasn’t he the chap that sold football pool or horse racing tips?

We live near the Chase in the wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire.

2 Likes

He was the football pools man.:grinning:

I live in the suburbs of York, a mile or so from the racecourse and only an hour to the coast and an hour to the Yorkshire dales

2 Likes

The Roman Ridge.

And fields:

4 Likes

There were always stories of drunken party goers taking short cuts home ending up in the middle of gunfire

1 Like

I was stationed in Bordon for a while during my national service in 1959.

1 Like