When it comes to food, what do you find inedible?

Me too :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Me too, never seen the point of it, you canā€™t eat it with a knife and fork so it must be a drink. Iā€™d rather have a beer.

1 Like

Many years ago when my daughter was still in high school a local deli had pig trotters. I rushed in and bought four, gnawed one as soon as I got it home and put the rest in the fridge.

After coming home from school my daughter stormed into the lounge, ā€œI donā€™t know what those things in the fridge are but I am not eating another thing out of that fridge until they are gone!ā€

I offered them to the boys but they resolutely refused to try one so the dog and I had to finish them off. I have never seen them in the shops since.

With the variety of food available, pigs trotters will never pass my lips. :smiley:

Rissoles

1 Like

Wow, rissoles are as delicious as you want to make them.
Garlic, chili, rosemary, onion, parsnip, endless possibilities.

Not the ones I had as a kidšŸ˜…

1 Like

Bruce, try you tube its gotta be on there

I donā€™t have a problem with pigā€™s trotters at all .
Itā€™s just meat after all and yet some of the doubters would probably quite happily scoff an average supermarket pork pie.

1 Like

Your Daughter knew when some things should never be eaten.
It is a wonder she never asked you to sterilise the fridge. :smiley:

I am not a pork person at all. Have not eaten it since the mid 70ā€™s

Nor me ,in fact Iā€™m trying to be a vegetarian at the moment.

1 Like

Fair play Bretrick.
I guess you have good reason for being so steadfast?

1 Like

Chicken claws. They ate them when I was in China.

1 Like

I simply do not like the taste or the textures.
My dislike of pork was reaffirmed when I was working on a farm in Esperance. There was a piggery next door and my boss would go over there periodically to buy a suckling pig for consumption.
Every time we went there, looking over the drift of pigs in the pens, I once saw a pig eating the faeces as it was being voided from another pig.
True.

Let me thinkā€¦ :017:
Only the stuff you see on ā€˜Iā€™m a Celebrityā€™ bush tucker trialsā€¦ :face_vomiting:
Oh, and skin on gravy and custardā€¦Horrid!

Are your meals flavoursome enough, filling enough, plenty of variety?

2 Likes

Makes no sense to me.
Maybe a long, long time ago there was famine and all available protein was eaten?
Etched into the psyche?

1 Like

Thatā€™s just silly Mr Smithā€¦Your body needs all the variation it can get.
The Chinese believe that you should eat a minimum of 22 different things each day. Quality over quantity though.

2 Likes

Yes, I can image that might be somewhat off putting.

1 Like