When it comes to food, what do you find inedible?

I have never tried cockles and never will. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Havenā€™t you taken the kids down to the beach and wiggled your feet in the edge of the waves to find Pipiā€™s in the sand? They are delicious, you donā€™t know what you are missing.

No kids, Not going to find out what I am missing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:broccoli::eggplant::blueberries::tangerine::green_apple::grapes::leafy_green::bell_pepper::olive::onion::carrot::garlic::corn::sweet_potato::bagel::pineapple::cherries::strawberry::banana::pear: Im a vegetarian!
Your plate of food would be my worse nightmare :wink:

3 Likes

OMG, you havenā€™t lived! The seafood stalls outside the pubs in London used to be amazing

And in the 60ā€™s holidaying near Southend, there was a huge cockle farm in Canvey Island. Cockles, vinegar and brown bread :two_hearts:

Jellied eels anyone? :rofl:

2 Likes

The Thames used to be teeming with eels, it was almost impossible not to catch them using the right bait, especially after dark. I think theyā€™re a protected species now. Thereā€™s been a drastic decline in the eel population.
Smoked eel is delicious by the way!

1 Like

No, no, no. Just no.
Growing up in Tasmania I consumed copious amounts of seafood in my teenage years.
Crayfish, crabs, flounder. The best seafood we ever had was Abalone, most delicious seafood ever.
I never caught them but my friends would go in the water at Trial Harbour on the West Coast, (we had a shack there) catch a feed of Abalone, we would smash them, (tenderising) till super thin, 30 seconds either side on the fire heated hotplate, straight into the gob.
No fancy sauces etc. Good times back in the 70s.

1 Like

Braddon River which flows into MacQuarie Harbour, on the West Coast was full of eels as well. Seemed like hundreds of thousands of them. Leave traps overnight, huge haul.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just had a quick Googleā€¦it would seem that eels are also a protected species in many parts of Australia.
Times have changed!

Including Tasmania. 50 years ago they were so abundant, not so now it seems.

Iā€™m not a vegetarian, but that plate of food would also be my worst nightmare Rippleā€¦
Good God man! Thatā€™s horrific!
:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get a permit to trap signal crayfish, they are an invasive species in our waters, a real pest.

The Environment Agency arenā€™t processing applications at present, in all fairness they have more important issues to deal with.

If I go ahead and take it upon myself to trap without a permit I face the prospect of a two thousand pound fine!

1 Like

Then you will need to restrain your urge to trap one of those monsters, yeah?

1 Like

Since I donā€™t have a monster bank accountā€¦ yes :wink:

1 Like

That would be an expensive meal Chilliā€¦

1 Like

Quiteā€¦ Iā€™ll stick with scampi Mr Fox!

1 Like

Omg is it belly pork :scream:

2 Likes

Looks more like some kind of gory explosion rather than a meal :firecracker:

But it might well have been very tastyā€¦ If I was feeling really peckish I think Iā€™d be tempted.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with down to earth honest fare!

1 Like

It is on the grease proof paper it was wrapped in by the stall. (saves on washing up)

2 Likes

Canā€™t argue with that.

1 Like