When have you noticed your age?

Yes you are right, it is VERY good for hair health! I wish I had eaten them throughout my life, but I never liked them because they are too sour. So, it is too late for me to eat them to prevent premature greying of my hair, but I still use amla oil treatments a few times a year. I would do it more often than that, but I don’t like the smell of it on my hair, it’s too strong! :persevere:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Samantha, I think I’m going to enjoy reading your posts…
:sunglasses:

Hello @SamanthaAashvi444 :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to OFC, I hope you enjoy your time here…

I really noticed my body aging last year–shortness of breath (thank you COVID for that ongoing “gift”) and the arthritis in my hands and feet. ARRRGHHHH

Oh well, I continue to carry on as much as usual…and have naps/quiet time as needed…

2 Likes

For me turning 70 was a watershed, before that, inspite of a bad back and minor ailments I carried on basically as normal but in the years since my 70th birthday I have noticed that there are more things that I either can’t do or need a lot of planning/thought in advance.

I must admit it was a bit of a shock when, a few years ago, I was told off by a council worker (at council premises) for climbing a ladder and was informed that no one over 70 is allowed on a ladder on council property (it’s a rule apparently).

2 Likes

For forty years I happily ran all manner of races Bruce, but after my 70th birthday I suddenly started to have trouble even jogging around a five mile course. Now at 73 although I can still walk reasonable distances, running further than just a few hundred yards is impossible. I would definitely agree with you that seventy was the turning point of my active life when I realised that I wasn’t immortal…

1 Like

There comes a time when we must accept the limitation placed on us through the advancement of years.
Slowing down, having naps can only be a good thing.
There is no nrrd to be on the go every minute we are awake. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry, have to disagree :smile:

In one respect the only time I notice my age is when I take a little quiet time, stop, and think about it. The penny sometimes drops when I’m pondering taking up a new activity, time and bank account willing.

I keep having these thoughts about taking up a martial art again, thing is the last time I did that I was fourteen. There’s been an awful lot of water flowing under my bridge since then. I’m not sure attempting to execute a roundhouse kick these days would be a sensible thing to do :thinking::scream:

3 Likes

I like your new pic,it has a Danger Man look :grinning:

I can still do things only slower and I ache a lot afterwards.

3 Likes

Thank you!
I’d add being a danger man to my to do list but I’m probably a bit past it.
It’s an age thing y’know :wink:

1 Like

I agree with @Psmith , really liking this new profile pic.
Leave it up awhile, I bet it invokes new interest in the man behind the glasses.

1 Like