When have you noticed your age?

Asking for a Coffee in Macdonald’s a couple of years ago, I was told the coffee is free.
Asking why I was told, "It is free for "Seniors":slightly_frowning_face::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m getting a bit tired of the “are you over 18” jokes at the supermarket when I am paying for some wine…

3 Likes

That can be rather tiresome. If you visit the same places regularly then get in first and say “you know I am old enough so stop asking”

I suppose it all depends on how much you want a coffee.

For me,in my old age, I seem to have developed the cloak of invisibility.

3 Likes

Whenever I have to get something off the floor or, say, under the bed. Getting up again is an effort.

I don’t mind that.

I just laugh politely, but secretly think I can’t wait to get out of here.

2 Likes

Yes.it can be useful.

1 Like

Trying to get up from the floor.

1 Like

No, but I’ve noticed yours :icon_wink:

1 Like

People started offereing us seats on the tube

2 Likes

Only since I retired. Suddenly, the wife is picking out places to visit where there is a ‘senior discount’ on offer. I now have to go shopping on a Tuesday because the local shop offers a 10% discount for the over 60’s.

She also likes to look at old photos of me and say “You didn’t have all that grey hair back then”.

5 Likes

When my knees seize up!
Every time I get on the bus and scan my free pass( in Wales),when I show my senior rail card,when I get into the rugby cheaper,when I get letters from
Belfast via Wolverhampton(Brits will know what that means.)
Had one of those this week…my pension credits are going up by £388 a year in April.

4 Likes

When I was asked if I used feather and ink when I was younger.

Yes, this was a serious question from a very sensible student, who wanted to know more about the ‘olden days’.

:unamused:

5 Likes

I remember chatting to a much younger colleague at work about the different types of music we listened to. I mentioned The Buzzcocks, the silence and completely blank look on his face spoke volumes.

2 Likes

They probably thought the Buzzcocks was a sexual innuendo :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve never thought about it like that before Ralph, it’s a miracle that I wasn’t sacked for being politically incorrect :scream: :wink:

2 Likes

When my granddaughters know more about computers and smartphones than me…
:thinking:

1 Like

When my feet hit the floor, I lie in bed, no pain of any sort, planning out what’s to be done that day and how I’ll organise it. Then, the feet hit the floor and all my plans fly out the window. :joy:
Mostly I get through the day ok but slower than I used to, and I then have to think a few things through a bit more. :confused:

4 Likes

Yes, have noticed my age and aging as a gradual thing.

My Osteoporosis though reminds me every single day
and has the last 5 years.

Otherwise just stuff, all to do with growing 'older" :wink:

3 Likes

I notice when I get an unexpected glimpse of myself in a mirror or my reflection in a shop window. :weary:

3 Likes